Stomp Under Foot Rare Rams Head

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Melldo, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Melldo

Melldo Member

So did anyone bag one of these a couple of days ago when Matt sent out the email?
    I sadly couldn't afford one. Gutted, he always seems to send these emails out when I'm exactly 2 weeks from pay day and don't have the spare cash! Doh!
    I'm intrigued to hear what the differences with this one are. He's the finest fuzz maker in the land!

2. muletrane

muletrane Supporting Member

No but I really wanted one!

3. Melldo

Melldo Member

Me too dude. I'm also wondering what the colour scheme will be on them. His pedals always look as lovely as they sound.
    I'm hoping to get a green and white Classic 72 at some point. (I'm a Glasgow Celtic fan hence the green and white)

4. jAcKoFsPeEd

jAcKoFsPeEd Member

When he sends out the emails, he needs to specify what colors will go on what pedal.

5. muletrane

muletrane Supporting Member

I can support this. A pic would be cool too but not necessary.

6. jm9239

jm9239 Member

Didn't get in on the rare 75 but I did just get a 73 v1 (brick muff) that I'm absolutely loving. Next up on my list is a 72 v6 Tri-Muff, that is, if I can resist pulling the trigger on a different one that Matt offers via email.

Anyways, for those that did get the rare 75, could you post your reactions after trying them out?

7. relix63

relix63 Supporting Member

I just wish I got the emails. The SUF pedals I've played have all been great.

8. Melldo

Melldo Member

Aye next on my list is a 72 v6 Tri-Muff too. Would love to hear the 73 Brick Muff too.

9. steelerboy329

steelerboy329 Member

I had a '75 Rare a few months ago. It was the only one Matt made at the time (#1). Wow, what an awesome Ram's Head! Probably my favorite of all the ones I tried. Anyways, I decided to stick with Triangle Muffs and instead of selling off the only one he made (at that time), Matt told me to send it back and he would make me any Classic Muff I want.

I already had a '72 Tri-Muff at this time and it beat every muff I challenged it with (a little more than 20). Knowing this. I asked if he would make me a gold one with 2N5133 transistors if I could find some. Sure enough, he agreed and I sent it back. I've had my gold '72 Tri-Muff on my board ever since. I have tried to challenge it with a few muffs that catch my interest, but none have come close. It's my absolute favorite muff and is not going anywhere!!!

10. Zeon45

Zeon45 Member

I got one on the way. I don't recall seeing that version before and the description seemed pretty tasty. I'm sure it won't disappoint.

11. Zeon45

Zeon45 Member

I'd love to hear that '72 with Fairchild 2N5133 transistors. Those are the Holy Grail for Triangle Muffs. I think Skreddy used those in the Mayo.