Stomp Under Foot "Sonic Warfare": One Knob To Rule Them All

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by pet peddler, May 26, 2015.

1. pet peddler

pet peddler Member

I just recently purchased the Stomp Under Foot Sonic Warfare, after playing it I felt like I needed to share my experience with others that might have some curiosity's of Matt's newest offering in the Stomp Under Foot camp.
    With only one knob on the pedal (volume) and no mention or access to external or internal dip switches or trim pots, I knew this would be a pretty straight forward pedal.
    With no mention of a fuzz knob or a way to adjust the amount of fuzz on tap except by using your guitars volume knob, also knowing the amount of fuzz Matt's other pedals are capable of producing; I knew this pedal would have a whole lot of Fuzz; it does... This fuzz has personality and character for days.
    I was instantly pleased when I engaged the pedal; the fuzz was lively, it coated the notes perfectly with a fuzz that was spongy and responsive to the touch. Chords and leads sounded full and musical with a nice added top end sparkle and compression you would associate with fuzz played at higher volumes or with a good treble booster. It was one of those "I'm getting lost in this sound" moments where time escapes you.Needless to say I was very impressed with this pedal so far.
    I just had a chance to play the Sonic Warfare at a good loud volume...... What a treat, I can now see where the name is derived from; you just want to keep turning it up because it just keeps sounding better and responding intuitively with your touch. I don't use my guitar's volume knob for dynamics, I tend to use my trem bar and finger and guitar pick pressure or palm mute, ect to achieve different sonic dynamics between amp and guitar and feedback, needless to say this pedal translates well with all of these methods.
    The bottom line : This pedal is very zen like in its layout and sonic capabilities, its sound is classic yet original and most importantly very musical. The craftsmanship is flawless, I have not encountered any weak links in this pedal;just a lot of joy.
    Gabe

2. jwfran04

jwfran04 Supporting Member

Thanks for the review! A good one knob fuzz is usually way more versatile than some realize as long as you use your volume and tone knobs or adjust your picking dynamics. This sounds like another great fuzz from Matt!

3. MadFrank

MadFrank Supporting Member

Sounds great! I'm very curious to hear some clips of this one in the near future. A single knob is very Zen! :)

4. stellablue

stellablue Member

Any chance of a gut shot? It sounds like a Little Muff, or Little Big Muff depending on the vintage.

5. guitarslinger21

guitarslinger21 Member

Got mine today. Dayum!! Sounds huge like a muff. It's forgiving like amp distortion, but gnarly like a 70's non-muff. I love it.

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  6. guitarslinger21

guitarslinger21 Member

Btw, it stacks really well with overdrives and/or compression.

7. Stratburst70

Stratburst70 Member

I so did not need to see this!

GAS rising ... :eeks:drool

8. KnowTalent

KnowTalent Just SAY NO to "Creamy" Distortion

Sounds like BAT' "The Ritual" ???