Stoner/Psychedelic guys: Show us your rigs!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by DanHorse, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Bennihana

Bennihana Member

@Gallery @mojotele65

The setup:

There's some info here: https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/art-project.2022174/

I recorded a couple different ways: (1) Direct into Studio One Artist using BIASFX2 and BIAS Amp. (2) Into Orange Micro Dark, from headphone out into a DI (for dB drop) into interface then cab sims.

Pedals used were all the dirt pedals shown and the Marshall Echohead for "pre-deday." Marshall GV-2+ was used as a preamp pedal on all recordings because I liked the way it sculpted my tone. Most rhythms were done with either the Suhr Riot or the Getaway Driver. Most leads were Honeypot Fuzz, Fur Coat Fuzz, or Carcosa.

Guitars used: Cheap Electromatic by Gretsch (neck pup only because the bridge pup doesn't work). HSH Partscaster from mostly GFS parts I put together about 10 years ago. Squier HM-5 (I think? No markings picked it up on CL one day). Busted up glitchy SSS Partscaster I built years ago.

Note - The next album is going to be more focused. Im moving soon and plan to pick up another Mockingbird (I've destroyed my old one over the years). Once I get my next home studio up and running, writing and recording will commence. Keep an eye out in the coming months for something epic in scope. Thank you guys for the support. This is a dream.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  2. Thesleepstalker

Thesleepstalker Member

It grows.....
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  3. mojotele65

mojotele65 Supporting Member

Yes, for sure! Nice production quality. Would also be interested in the inspiration for song names and lyrics. Seems a bit related to Lovecraft.

4. Bennihana

Bennihana Member

DnD. Straight up everything, except for Hylthloth; that came from Ultima.

mojotele65 likes this.
  5. Funky54

Funky54 Member

Dude if you turn your back, I’d totally rock that board.

6. Funky54

Funky54 Member

Ok so question... this is a mystery to me. Why does that work? I’ve been doing that for years with my Marshall 18 watt and it works but I don’t understand why?

7. InkblotNebula

InkblotNebula Member

The two inputs on each channel are connected very crudely, basically just a Y leading into the amp. When plugged into input 1, the guitar signal flows into the amp, as well as back up the other branch of the Y out of input 2, which you use as an output to feed the second channels input.

Peteyvee likes this.
  8. Funky54

Funky54 Member

Oh, not jumping channels, I get that. I do that with both my AC and my Marshall. I meant the plugs with just the rubber to use the input although NOT connected to another amp. It changes the volume and brightens the amp a little. In other words.. you jump bright channel with normal channel.. but then you also stick an unused patch cable into the second Input on the same channel.

9. Peteyvee

Peteyvee Premium Platinum Member

Are you kidding? It's a Bongbreaker! :rotflmao

If I were using it as an amp instead of it being a "stoner rig", I'd pull the 1/4" M-M adaptors that are holding the weed pipe tubing and pipe bowl into the jacks, leave the "jumper" (as noted, it's more of a "Y"), plug my guitar into Input I High and blend Volume I/II controls as needed. Gives you maximum control over tone.

10. Funky54

Funky54 Member

Ok. Then I have another question.. @Peteyvee

4 holes. 1& 2 high, 3 & 4 normal.

If I use a patch from hole 1 into hole 4... then guitar into hole 2, that’s what lots have been doing for 50 years.. However, with my 18 watt, if I take yet another or second patch cable and plug it into hole 3... and leave the other side of patch cable 2 unplugged and just free.. my volume and brightness goes up again over even the first patch jump. Why? It always works.. but why?

I totally ignored the “bong humor” and thought you were doing the same as me.

11. Oratoryrupture

Oratoryrupture Member

12. geek-mo

geek-mo Supporting Member

Colour Haze at Duna Jam 2019. Really liking the contribution the keyboard player makes.

13. geek-mo

geek-mo Supporting Member

14. mydogisarobot

mydogisarobot Member

Mantra Machine's new album, Heliosphere, is out today!

Unfortunately we can't embed the Bandcamp player directly, otherwise I would be posting Mantra Machine's new album rather than a link to their Bandcamp page:

http://mantramachine.bandcamp.com/album/heliosphere

15. '90s Pacifica

'90s Pacifica Member

Man, I'd never heard of Duna before. A clifftop festival - awesome. I'd like to organise one of these here in Australia somewhere. There'd be some choice locations.

16. Braunzo

Braunzo Member

17. Gallery

Gallery Supporting Member

This arrived... really dig it. It's a bit of a departure for them, but really solid. Highly recommend.

18. mydogisarobot

mydogisarobot Member

I love the album. It was up on Spotify early for a bit before it was taken down. Nick and Mike have a previous incarnation of Gold and Silver that has a similar(ish) feel:

Gallery likes this.
  19. aisling

aisling Silver Supporting Member

nothing earth shattering, but in the spirit of inspiration and creativity (multiple new elder ep listens), I slopped some video to a track I began working on last month.

Emcee_m_prime and mydogisarobot like this.
  20. mydogisarobot

mydogisarobot Member

MORE!

aisling likes this.