Stoner/Psychedelic guys: Show us your rigs!

Gallery

Silver Supporting Member
So, this initial preview of Elder's new album "Omens" is very promising.

I'm a big fan. When I first heard this, I didn't like it as much as most of the older stuff and decided to hold off on pre-ordering the album. But it's grown on me a bit. Still on the fence though about pulling the trigger on pre-order vinyl. It has a slightly different flavor. I may just need to get used to the taste.

Gallery

Silver Supporting Member
Oh, and local NJ/NY peeps, my band is opening for Monster Magnet on 4/18 at the Starland Ballroom! Let me know if you need cheaper tix cause I have a lot to sell. :D

Ha! That's awesome. My buddy just asked me if I wanted to go with him to this. I may hit you up if I get the green light.

DonaldDemon

Ha! That's awesome. My buddy just asked me if I wanted to go with him to this. I may hit you up if I get the green light.
Oh yeah man, definitely hit me up and I'll hook you guys up! Plus, I'm like 5 mins away, so anytime. :aok We are all super stoked to play there with them, it's one of me and my other guitarists favorite band.

DonaldDemon

I'm a big fan. When I first heard this, I didn't like it as much as most of the older stuff and decided to hold off on pre-ordering the album. But it's grown on me a bit. Still on the fence though about pulling the trigger on pre-order vinyl. It has a slightly different flavor. I may just need to get used to the taste.
I'll admit I'm not feeling it yet either, and I usually love their stuff. Maybe the rest will hit a little better.

aisling

Silver Supporting Member
Oh, and local NJ/NY peeps, my band is opening for Monster Magnet on 4/18 at the Starland Ballroom! Let me know if you need cheaper tix cause I have a lot to sell. :D

Have an amazing show, I used to go see then in asbury park and NYC circa Tab and spine of god, those were classic intimate shows before they "blew up".

DonaldDemon

Have an amazing show, I used to go see then in asbury park and NYC circa Tab and spine of god, those were classic intimate shows before they "blew up".
Thanks! It's going to be great to play there again, it's been a while.

We saw them a few years ago, they did a small pop up show at the Brighton Bar. They were awesome but man, that weak sound system couldn't handle the rawk, it was pushed beyond it's limits. Even though they are local, I didn't really know about them until Powertrip.

halcyon

Silver Supporting Member
This has been my setup for quite a while now; Telecaster plus 3-4 pedals (boost, fuzz, vibe, El Cap) into a Hi-Tone and a Down Brownie. I'm extremely happy with it.

Also, likely of interest to some of you here: I just finished transcribing every guitar part of every track on "Lore" by Elder. It took me about 10 weeks. And wherever possible I verified position and fingering with live video footage. I also transcribed the brand new track (Embers) that @geek-mo posted above. I absolutely love it, and I hope we get more of that Yes-like vibe from the rest of the album when it's released in April.

Anyway, I mainly did it as an exercise for myself (it's difficult music; a fun challenge), but there seem to be quite a few Elder fans in this thread and I'm happy to share. Enjoy!

https://doomsean.github.io/tabs/

Gallery

Silver Supporting Member
This has been my setup for quite a while now; Telecaster plus 3-4 pedals (boost, fuzz, vibe, El Cap) into a Hi-Tone and a Down Brownie. I'm extremely happy with it.

Also, likely of interest to some of you here: I just finished transcribing every guitar part of every track on "Lore" by Elder. It took me about 10 weeks. And wherever possible I verified position and fingering with live video footage. I also transcribed the brand new track (Embers) that @geek-mo posted above. I absolutely love it, and I hope we get more of that Yes-like vibe from the rest of the album when it's released in April.

Anyway, I mainly did it as an exercise for myself (it's difficult music; a fun challenge), but there seem to be quite a few Elder fans in this thread and I'm happy to share. Enjoy!

https://doomsean.github.io/tabs/

Outstanding! I'm going to have some fun with that. Thanks for sharing.

And yeah the Down Brownie is an awesome amp for this genre. I've been using my Brownie and a Benson Monarch pretty much exclusively lately. You've got two amps that compliment each other perfectly there.

halcyon

Silver Supporting Member
Outstanding! I'm going to have some fun with that. Thanks for sharing.

And yeah the Down Brownie is an awesome amp for this genre. I've been using my Brownie and a Benson Monarch pretty much exclusively lately. You've got two amps that compliment each other perfectly there.
Hey, no problem! I hope you enjoy it. Elder sure is a lot of fun to play.

Do you run the Monarch and the DB simultaneously? I've been intrigued by the Monarch for years. It just always happened that some other priority came up and I couldn't swing for it, unfortunately.

Gallery

Silver Supporting Member
Hey, no problem! I hope you enjoy it. Elder sure is a lot of fun to play.

Do you run the Monarch and the DB simultaneously? I've been intrigued by the Monarch for years. It just always happened that some other priority came up and I couldn't swing for it, unfortunately.
I've experimented with running them as a 2 amp rig with the Monarch handling cleans and the DB handling dirt. They work really well together and they compliment each other nicely that way. The only downside is that I get the itch for the Monarch dirt, since it's so good. But, the DB with it's excellent master volume is much better suited in that regard and as you know it's just a beast of amp for dirty tones. I may get a Metro head switcher and set them up permanently as a pair.

Doomrider78

What's amusing about that is the bands we listen to on here probably use a handful of Boss and MXR pedals to get their sound.
Never a truer word spoken: I've been watching a bunch of rig rundowns recently and many who Id have thought would have big pedalboards actually have quite basic ones, full of reliable, readily available gear.

Trending Topics