• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.
  • On Thursday, January 20, 2022, starting at 7 pm EST, We will take the forum offline to do the necessary upgrades. Estimates are a possible 3-hour total downtime to complete the process. So mark your calendar to play your guitar.

Stoner rock, Sabbath, Ginger Baker

fishinjim

If you like any of the above, I recommend going to see Kadavar if they come through or near your town.
They crushed it here last night in Philly.
After you go, don't even try to tell me that the drummer doesn't remind you of Ginger Baker.

SoCalSteve

That's good stuff! Never heard of them before. Can definitely hear the Sabbath influence in that song.

AaeCee

Silver Supporting Member
Just read an interview where the drummer mentions something about Black Sabbath influences or comparisons not making sense to him.
Was surprised to read that as I sure hear it.
Totally agree with you. Seems to be in somewhat of a state of denial.

CrackTheSkye

Great band! I haven't seen them live but definitely want too. I also agree with the highly noticeable Black Sabbath influence. They can deny it all the want.

Stoner rock has been my favorite type of music for the past few years. Recently heard a band called Kyng that I really like. Check em out!

itkindaworks

Great band! I haven't seen them live but definitely want too. I also agree with the highly noticeable Black Sabbath influence. They can deny it all the want.

Stoner rock has been my favorite type of music for the past few years. Recently heard a band called Kyng that I really like. Check em out!
I saw Kyng a few years ago and they're a great band live. Lots of great heavy riffs. They kind of reminded me of Fu Manchu, not in a derivative way just a similar appeal.

?&!

My friend Peter's band Sons of Huns is touring with them right now. That's one hell of a double bill!

thrashmetl

Silver Supporting Member
I came into this thread totally thinking it was going to be about Masters of Reality.

Ginger was in Masters of Reality for an album, they are named after the Sabbath album Master of Reality, and they are the godfathers of the entire stoner California "desert rock" scene.

amigo30

Love this song. Thanks for putting this up.

But..yeah..they basically said .."let's write a Sabbath song". But they kicked ass at it.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom