Stones "Let it loose"-pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by stevie65, Jun 15, 2008.

1. stevie65

stevie65 Member

Sorry another leslie question[​IMG]....but...
    Is there any pedal out there that really nails the leslieguitar on the Stones fabulous "let it loose"? I´ve listened to a lot of soundfiles from different pedalmakers but i don´t think there is any (to my ears) that can cope this sound... all i hear is the SRV-sound...?
    I´m looking for suggestions!
    Thanks/Stefan

2. juan chaos

juan chaos Member

I bought an analogman mini chorus to get that sound and it does fast leslie very well. slow leslie not so much but fast, it is excellent.

3. smogfalls

smogfalls Member

Man, I love that song and would be interested to see what people suggest here. Have you looked into the Option 5 Destination Rotation? That seems to be a very popular choice.

4. stevie65

stevie65 Member

Hi there!
    Yes i have looked at destination rotation (at their homepage) but the samples they provide is all about SRV wich is cool but not what i want...people seems to like that pedal but i can´t afford to take a risk...
    Also the analogman bi-chorus looks to be a cool pedal but doesn´t provide the soundsamples that i want... This pedal IS interesting though since it provide fast leslie...I guess i´m looking for a lush, fast leslie thats not so "phasey"...
    I´ve also heard the DLS versions but i don´t think they really nail what i want (i´m picky)[​IMG]
    Would be interesting to find out what the stones used for a kind of leslie on that song...If anybody knows that it would be really helpful...i might go for the "real" deal after all...
    /Stefan

Last edited: Jun 15, 2008
  5. datguytim

datguytim Supporting Member

My Retrosonic Chorus Ensemble's Vibrato side nails it - uncannily. I think any good vibrato pedal could get there. Analogman, maybe even Mojovibe?

6. shakti

shakti Member

+1 for AnalogMan. The first time I set up a fast Leslie type sound with that, "Let It Loose" was the song I instantly played...the sound just begged me to!

7. todd richman

todd richman Senior Member

Could you share your Let It Loose setting for the Analog Man Chorus (o'clock style please).

8. erksin

erksin Member

9. shakti

shakti Member

Hmmm, I'd have to go from memory here, but I would think it's pretty obvious since there are only two knobs... speed is at 4 o'clock or so, but it's a pretty tight sweetspot near but not quite at the end of the travel of the pot. I usually like to set the pseudo-Leslie sounds not quite at the fastest setting I can get away with. Sounds a little thicker and more interesting that way, I think.
    Depth is at 1 o'clock.

10. stevie65

stevie65 Member

Hi everybody ´n thanks for contribution[​IMG]

Anybody that has done a proper shootout between the Retro-sonic chorus ensemble and A-M Bi-chorus/mini-chorus (or tried them)?
    /Stefan

11. meterman

meterman Member

How about the Boss RE-20? I had one for a bit and it did do some pretty cool Leslie sounds....

12. juan chaos

juan chaos Member

On

Speed: 4 o'clock
    Depth: Noon

13. DerekEstrada

DerekEstrada Member

I play that tune live and use a Fulltone Mini Dejavibe, which is great because you can adjust the rate of the warble, which is handy when your drummer speeds the tune up half way through!

14. erksin

erksin Member

:rotflmao

15. wickidriffs

wickidriffs Member

So are these still commonly available?

16. screamingduck

screamingduck Member

Get the Option 5 Destination Single. It nails the Fender Vibratone sound.

17. bilbal

bilbal Member

From what I remember, the Option 5 Destination Rotation will definitely suffice for 'Let it Loose' - not a problem at all.

It's a great pedal only to be improved by adding ramping* (see post below for clarification). I wish I still had it so I could dial it in and help you out with settings.

:( sorry!!!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
  18. GuitarsFromMars

GuitarsFromMars Member

RT-20 and it rocks ALL leslie settings...

19. Ming Chow

Ming Chow Senior Member

My Mini-Deja vibe gets close. I can also get that with my MicroVibe. I use a touch of hall reverb too.

20. screamingduck

screamingduck Member

You cannot set the ramping speed but it does ramp up and down at it's preset speed when you switch between the fast and slow settings (both of which can be controlled) I do wish I could slow the fast speed down just a bit and perhaps get the slow speed just a little faster as well but those are issues that I can easily deal with and I think my Option 5 will be around for a long time.