Stonetree Custom Guitars...

EunosFD

I spoke to Scott earlier this year inquiring about a custom Roscoe Jr. model and he's definitely very knowledgeable and loves his work. You can def see the attention to detail in those pics. I'm not sure what the prices are on the reg. Tele-style models, but the Roscoe models are up there with what you'd expect from a top quality luthier (unfortunately still a bit out of my range :(). Def give him an e-mail and I'm sure he'll get back to ya.

blownfuse

Silver Supporting Member
I have a couple of Stonetree guitars. Scott is great to deal with and does all the work himself. The craftsmanship on his work is top notch and is interested in building almost any guitar you want. I have included a picture of my strat style guitar.

Jimmy

javahut

Not much of a Strat guy, but that is one of the coolest looking Strat styled guitars I think I've ever seen! I love the color. Looks really nice with the dark fretboard and matching headstock. :AOK Now if it just didn't have that volume knob in the way... ;)

Lavely

Gold Supporting Member
I had a Tele and it was a GREAT guitar. Extremely good workmanship.

Lavely

EunosFD

That's not a Tele, but the Roscoe model. It's like a jumbo-sized Tele shape, but is semi-hollow like a 335. He actually offers 2 sizes as well: Jr. and Sr. Funny thing is when I came across Stonetree I had literally been thinking to myself moments before "Man, if only someone would make a BIG Tele I'd be set." And while looking for something totally unrelated I came across his site. One of these days I'll get one hopefully.

I'd personally get a Jr. with a Tele bridge (and pickup) and the P-92 in the neck position like these have. I love the shape.

springer

The Springsteen Trifecta! From left to right; Dad's, my late brother Gabe's, and mine. Mine has custom graphics by Todd Hanson of Hanson Graphix, similar to one that Roscoe owns. Gabe's top is a super heavy piece of cocobolo that he found somewhere and handed to Scott. Scott also does some great inlay work as seen on Dad's guitar. Check out Stonetree if you want the sickest guitar you can imagine!

EunosFD

Stunning trio there, springer. What's the neck on yours made out of? Appears to be rosewood, pau ferro, or maybe wenge?

springer

Thanks Eunos! It is a one piece rosewood neck. It's got a lot of spank and plays very nice. If you look close, you can also see the B-bender. It looks totally cool from the back. Scott put a plexi-cover over the mechanism so you can see the whole thing work. Pretty gnarly. I will try to get a pic posted today.

Trending Topics