Storing and transporting effects

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Shawn S., Jan 29, 2008.

1. Shawn S.

Shawn S. Member

I'm not using a pedalboard currently. I find it's really easy to throw all that I need in a duffle bag and be able to make 1 trip, maybe 2 if I'm using an amp somewhere. However, I only have so many of my effect boxes. I wanted to know who out there is in the same situation and cares enough about their effects to do something preventative to scratching them up. I thought of draw-string fabric bags like Crown Royal, however I'm not 21, don't have any, and couldn't find anything like it the few places I looked. Got any suggestions?

2. itgoesto11uc

itgoesto11uc Member

I've used old socks for that purpose.

3. 52ftbuddha

52ftbuddha Member

I will try and put up a pic but I use a pelican case with a camera divider insert.

rob

4. 52ftbuddha

52ftbuddha Member

Well I do not play out but do record away from my own rig. Here is how I move my stuff. Its a bit of a mess as I have been adding and removing some items. Needs a good sorting.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Shawn S.

Shawn S. Member

That's brilliant. Thanks so much, I'll try to find one.

6. jonathansuhr

jonathansuhr Member

I always liked to get scratches on my pedal. It made me feel like Im a better player than I actually am

7. todaystomorrow

todaystomorrow Member

I've gotten some of the aluminum briefcases from Lowes and Home Depot before that would be good. they're cheap, light and have perforated foam so you can punch out what you need and store some cables off to the side.

8. Yr Blues

Yr Blues Member

9. vintage66

vintage66 Member

I'm curious as to how many pedals you're using. 3 or 4 is alright to throw in a bag, but 8 or 10 would be much easier with a pedalboard, especially if you don't want to worry about failing batteries and use a power supply.

10. semi-hollowbody

semi-hollowbody Member

If your going through all that trouble why not just get a pedalboard.
    Its like taking your amp or guitar apart to transport it, why??
    If you want to be able to use ONLY certain pedals than unplug the ones you dont want.

It just seems like your going through the same trouble as you would a pedalboard but without the convenience.

11. mcdonaldkd

mcdonaldkd Member

No joke. Wouldn't it just be easier to use a pedalboard and a hard case?