STP/Smashing Pumpkins tribute show NC

mlkIII

Silver Supporting Member
Come out to see Glide (STP tribute) and Siamese Dream (Pumpkins tribute) hit the Visualite Theatre in Charlotte and The Orange Peel in Asheville NC! I am the guitarist in the STP tribute. Excited for both but especially excited for Asheville show considering the Orange Peel is a bucket list venue to me. Both shows doors are at 7 and first band is on at 8. Siamese Dream opens in Charlotte and we open in Asheville. Link below to some of our work:

SwirlyMaple

Come out to see Glide (STP tribute) and Siamese Dream (Pumpkins tribute) hit the Visualite Theatre in Charlotte and The Orange Peel in Asheville NC! I am the guitarist in the STP tribute. Excited for both but especially excited for Asheville show considering the Orange Peel is a bucket list venue to me. Both shows doors are at 7 and first band is on at 8. Siamese Dream opens in Charlotte and we open in Asheville. Link below to some of our work:

I love STP and you guys sound great! I checked out some of your other vids on YouTube. If I weren't on the opposite coast I'd come watch! Keep rockin dude!

mlkIII

Silver Supporting Member
I love STP and you guys sound great! I checked out some of your other vids on YouTube. If I weren't on the opposite coast I'd come watch! Keep rockin dude!
thank you!! Means a ton man. We all love them and have for a long time. Just wanna do the songs justice. Nobody is going to sound as good as the real thing but we are putting our try hard pants on!

sws1

So in that vid...when you came over and said something to bass player...was that real, or schtick? I ask because the last time I saw STP, the bass player and guitar player were constantly looking like they were fighting about something.

mlkIII

Silver Supporting Member
So in that vid...when you came over and said something to bass player...was that real, or schtick? I ask because the last time I saw STP, the bass player and guitar player were constantly looking like they were fighting about something.
haha I said something to him. We don’t go that far into it. I didn’t think Robert and Dean fight too much.

Jarick

Silver Supporting Member
Hey, we talked on the Fractal board I think, I'd definitely see you guys if you were up in my neck of the woods! Great stuff. I'd love to play in a good cover/tribute band.

mlkIII

Silver Supporting Member
Hey, we talked on the Fractal board I think, I'd definitely see you guys if you were up in my neck of the woods! Great stuff. I'd love to play in a good cover/tribute band.
we did!! All of this stuff is with my Soldano I believe but hard to remember.

Jarick

Silver Supporting Member
Pretty much the only thing about your band I'd tweak was if your drummer could sit back in the groove just a tiny bit more. He's not rushing but he's right on top of/ahead of the beat where Eric sits on the back of the beat a little more. It almost feels like he's dragging but he's not, and it kind of makes the band sound a little heavier and groovier. I know because drums were my main instrument and I was the exact same way (pushing the beat)!

Otherwise those live videos you could almost fool me into thinking they're a bootleg of an STP show, as good as you and the singer are!

mlkIII

Silver Supporting Member
Pretty much the only thing about your band I'd tweak was if your drummer could sit back in the groove just a tiny bit more. He's not rushing but he's right on top of/ahead of the beat where Eric sits on the back of the beat a little more. It almost feels like he's dragging but he's not, and it kind of makes the band sound a little heavier and groovier. I know because drums were my main instrument and I was the exact same way (pushing the beat)!

Otherwise those live videos you could almost fool me into thinking they're a bootleg of an STP show, as good as you and the singer are!
ahh thanks for that! I agree with Tyler (drummer). He’s the youngest at 23 out of all of us and hasn’t had the experience that me and the singer have. I’m 29, bassist is 25. Tyler has gotta settle down a little bit when we play live but these are biggest gigs he’s played thus far and he’s always willing to listen and learn. I also play drums and have the same issue but he will get there. Rehearsals he’s better about sitting back but that excitement and adrenaline get to him live.

Jarick

Silver Supporting Member
Awesome, you guys are already working at it! Sounds about right, nerves will make you speed up, but experience will help find the groove. Keep us posted on videos and show dates!

mlkIII

Silver Supporting Member
Awesome, you guys are already working at it! Sounds about right, nerves will make you speed up, but experience will help find the groove. Keep us posted on videos and show dates!
Will do and thanks for the support. Feels good to post things like this on musician based sites and have people dig it.

Trending Topics