Strange 1963 Strat neck ebay listing

Dr. Tinnitus

The seller basically says "I don't really know what it is." but then goes on to point out all the reasons it looks to be an actual '63 neck.

If it is real, it looks like it's pretty much unused. Guys are starting to bid on it like it's legit. (but one guy who really bumped it up has a "0" purchase history).

It seems fishy and I'm not going to bid at its current price, but I also can't tell from the photos of it's real or not (I'm out of town and only have a phone and can't zoom).

Its got 6 days left. Will this thing go for over $2k?

bluejazzoid

Silver Supporting Member
From the eBay description:

I’m selling this as is due to the questions about it authenticity, but it is a completely functional and amazing feeling, playing, and looking neck and of the highest quality. Again, although this has all the signs of a pre cbs strat neck, it is being sold as is, so please bid accordingly

Anyone who bids on that --- hoping or assuming it's a legit 63 Strat neck--- would be in the "fool & his money..." group (imo).

Tony Done

A question for the knowledgeable. Do those rolled edges on the middle frets look OK in combination with no obvious fret wear?

wox

Silver Supporting Member
Truss rod looks too low
Lam board looks thick
Nut looks wrong
JUN looks pretty thin (could change with the pressure used)
Stamp kinda looks too big overall

Here's a known good neck from the same date on the left, with the eBay neck on the right

Dr. Tinnitus

This is more of an eBay question, but a user with a 0 purchase history continued to push up the bid amount.

Think this is supposed to be a scam from the get go?

deytookerjaabs

Silver Supporting Member
That's how musikraft rolls their edges whick looks like **** IMO, it's an easy tell and you can search this forum to see it elsewhere. Plus, their veneer looks a bit thick just like that:

And they offered Brazilian at a decent price for some time. Musikraft neck all the way, guy likely knows what it is, I say that because I had one made for a Tele and it was over $600. Unless the "unknown" partscaster was inherited no one is selling that neck without telling others what it is. I, too, hated the edges.

In this post you can see those same beautiful "rolled edges" from Musikraft:

Here's a pic from the Tele (slab) I did:

Last edited:

hank57

Platinum Supporting Member
I reported the listing stating I felt they are their own shill. That just makes them work a little to see who is bidding n stuff. it’s the “0” feedback guy that I’m assuming is the shill

Trending Topics