strange LP pickup output problem

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by pedalparty, Sep 14, 2018.

1. pedalparty

pedalparty Member

I recently installed some Suhr Aldrich pickups in a friends LP Standard. He had CTS push pull pots that I wired in and everything seemed to function properly. However, he says he is noticing some neck pickup bleed through on the bridge pickup when the selector switch is in the bridge position only. He also notices some bridge bleed through on the neck pickup when the selector switch is in the neck position. I am having a hard time hearing it, which is making it hard to troubleshoot. He's a long time friend and I am sure he is right about it I am just having a hard time picking up on it. I can however pickup a faint sound from a tuning fork from the neck when the selector is in the bridge position. When I roll the volume off it goes away. Anybody ever have this problem? I used these pots and theyre installed on the tone positions. Thanks.

https://www.stewmac.com/Pickups_and...s/Potentiometers/CTS_Push_pull_Pots_DPDT.html

2. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Member

I'll precursor this with: "I'm not a pro but,"

It sounds like the switch.
    There should be infinite Ohms between that neck pickup input to the switch & the output of the switch when it's selected to bridge.
    Check that on your highest Ohms setting.

pedalparty likes this.
  3. pedalparty

pedalparty Member

Thanks. Ill give that a test. The switch is however a brand new switchcraft.

Killed_by_Death likes this.
  4. pedalparty

pedalparty Member

Anybody else got any ideas?