Strange Pedals in Wah Enclosures/Treadles

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by snipejd, Apr 22, 2014.

1. snipejd

snipejd Member

hey TGP
    so I'm looking for more strange pedals (ie not Wah effects) in Wah enclosures or in treadle form.
    things like the MASF Swan Song (ring mod) or the MXR Variphase (a delay in a wah enclosure would be cool)

so anyway, let's hear what you know about!

2. |\|\|\

|\|\|\ Member

doesnt get much stranger than the snarling dogs mold spore.

3. MogwaiBoy

MogwaiBoy Member

I saw a video for a delay in a wah enclosure just the other night - but I forgot the name of it! It was white with big silver dials on the side. You could switch the footpedal to control delay time or repeats (but not mix for whatever reason).

It sounded like a generic PT-based "analog voiced" thing though - nothing spectacular.

4. snipejd

snipejd Member

the mold spore is dope but of course it's 250$+ haha

and I would love to know about that delay, or even companies that make these kind of things in treadles?

5. Shiny_Beast

Shiny_Beast Supporting Member

I've got the custom shop variaphase, I think that's the one you mentioned. Strange beast, doesn't get down to unity gain, always a volume jump. It's buffered so I can't put it in front of my fuzz face. Pedal springs back when the foot is off it and disconnects the pressure switch making it tricky to use the low speeds. Power jack only IIRC.

I like ita lot. It get's nice and liquidy, covers some vibe ground IMO, but have limited use for it cause it just doesn't work in the rigs I usually assemble.

Scored it out of a used bin in great shape. Piled it on top of another purchase for cheap, they were happy to see it go :)..

I dropped a DIY vibe-baby into a wah shell, nothing really different about that, it works like you'd expect.

6. ERGExplorer

ERGExplorer Member

The two odd treadle pedals I have are the Digitech Space Station and the Snarling Dogs Erogenous Moan.

The Moan is actually really cool once you get the hang of it. As you rock from heel to toe, the volume increases... until you get to the end of the treadle travel. Then there is a click, and the volume drops to nothing... and then increases as you rock from toe to heel, and then another click.

Done right, it sounds like a backwards track, with the click for the picking noise. It's not dependent on reverse delay or other funky tricks, so the timing is exactly what you play.

I don't have a camera, but since there's absolutely no demos of it anywhere I hope to get something up at some point....

7. snipejd

snipejd Member

I would absolutely have a space station if they weren't a fortune. I've been active in the space station revival thread but DigiTechRep won't tell us anymore about a reissue.

the Moan sounds cool I wish there was a vid.

BUMP

8. snipejd

snipejd Member

any companies out there rehousing pedals into treadle/wah casings?

9. axdxm

axdxm Supporting Member

I'd like to know this as well.

10. snipejd

snipejd Member

11. Empros

Empros Member

12. Frosted Glass

Frosted Glass Member

Boss had the PD-1 back in the early 80s. A dirt pedal in a wah casing. The treadle controlled the fuzz.

[​IMG]

13. DeaconBlues

DeaconBlues Member

I rehoused a EHX Small Stone phaser into a treadle pedal enclosure. I still have that pedal stashed around here somewhere, Might be time to revisit that idea and make some improvements.

Some interesting pedals mentioned, so far.

14. snipejd

snipejd Member

15. snipejd

snipejd Member

one of the other posts, I believe, was referring to this pedal called the OK Delay by the now defunct (it appears) eyerocktronics:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA-qGJWGUdI

anyone know if these can still be had?

16. Eldritch Tentacles

Eldritch Tentacles Member

I'd like to know this as well.
    There was a company called BEZ (said like "be easy") that had a phaser in a wah enclosure where the treadle controlled the sweep of the phase. They called it the Street Sweeper.
    They're now defunct and I can't seem to find one anywhere for sale at this point. It's a shame because no one else does that effect in that format and there are few options for it to begin with. That really surprises me too... because, personally, I think it's very cool.
    That effect is the main reason I keep my Modfactor.
    It would be a lot more convenient to just have it in a wah enclosure.

A wah enclosed delay where the treadle controlls wet/dry mix seems like a no brainer to me too. Ever since Steve Morse started setting up delays that way, it's baffled me why more people don't do it.

17. axm.88

axm.88 Member

The Dunlop Rotovibe and Fulltone DejaVibe.

18. Non-Digital Tom

Non-Digital Tom Member

Hmm... dirt pedal in a wah casing? You don't say...

:wave

19. RickK

RickK Member

Don't forget the dual action Fender Fuzz Wah - the treadle moved up and down and sideways. I tried one once - was pretty interesting

20. Smgbad

Smgbad Supporting Member

I can call the builder (a local friend of mine) to see if he still has any or can build ya one.