Strange problem with one pedal

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by wyattt, Feb 7, 2012.

1. wyattt

wyattt Member

So maybe you've encountered this before. I haven't really. I bought a Joyo Fuzz octave and it is in the middle of a chain of about 10 pedals on my board. All my other pedals are quiet (and there are some more pricey and some low end copy copies of stuff on my board) but when I kick in the Joyo it gets super crazy noisy like I'm trying to be a part of Sonic Youth! It also picks up Rush Limbaugh which makes matters all the more worse. However, if I kick on my Les Lius which sits in the chain before the Joyo the noise goes away completely and it works as it should.

Is my pedal bad? I know it's cheap, but I haven't seen any others complain about the noise. Do I need one of those buffers or something?

Btw, this is with a tele and an AC30 in a garage that I believe is grounded. I do normally get a little background noise but this is so bad that its unusable. I have Joyo's tuner and their power supply and those do not have any issues.

2. wyattt

wyattt Member

I should also mention that this is probably my highest gain/dirtiest pedal I have on my board. Everything else is low-mid gain/clean boosts.

3. matthornet

matthornet Member

I tested out the exact pedal in a local music store and I have to agree that own it's own, it is NOISY! To an unusable degree for me. I don't even know how to describe it, buzzy, humming, almost flanging noises. The sales guy told me "that happens to all fuzz pedals" but not in my books of good fuzz boxes that this happens. But I have no idea how your Les Lius interacted to tame the Fuzz Octave.