Strange thing with Mu-tron wah pedal

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by StudioRat320, Jun 23, 2013.

1. StudioRat320

StudioRat320 Member

I was setting up for a gig yesterday and I brought 3 pedals along and placed them in this order.

Mutron wah, Bad Monkey, Ibanez Phaser. When I kicked in the Bad Monkey, I noticed that I could hear the clean sound mixed with the distortion. Cool, but not something I want all the time. I start troubleshooting and when I take out the wah pedal, this anomaly is gone.

Could it be that I need some type of buffer or lack there of. I'm not sure why this is happening. Hopefully someone can help me with this.

BTW, it doesn't happen with my Cry Baby, but the Mutron is so much sweeter.

Thanks

2. StudioRat320

StudioRat320 Member

3. lefort_1

lefort_1 Nuzzled Firmly Betwixt Gold Supporting Member

The mutron Wah is a mono-channel pedal, so there is little chance that it is mixing the clean and dirty output, and you are using it simply as a signal input.

You might check to see if the BM has had any internal mod'ing. I could forsee someone trying to take advantage of the two outputs and making a clean/dirty mix outtta the thing. I'd look for an out-of-place stereo-input jack or loose wiring around the switch-portion of the jack that does power on/off.

This could also be a sign that there's

a) an internal short in the BM's two outputs.
    b) one of the stages of the BM is starting to go bad.

Kinda wierd. recheck your cords as well, to see if there's a stereo cord in your setup.