Strange/Weird Variations of Common Dreams

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by m.e., Apr 12, 2016.

1. m.e.

m.e. Freelance Bio-exorcist Silver Supporting Member

Last night, I had a pretty weird dream: I accidentally used Drano as mouthwash and it caused all of my fillings/crowns to come loose and start to fall out. I was then frantically calling dentists on the phone to see if anyone could see me urgently, but I couldn't get any of them to take me as a patient. I suppose this is a variation of the 'teeth falling out' dream.

Has anyone else had a weird version of a fairly common dream (being chased, teeth falling out, falling, flying, etc.)?

2. Jason_77

Jason_77 Member

Once in a while, I dream that something is chasing me. When I try to run, though, it takes a lot of effort and I'm moving VERY slowly. I end up having to turn around and do a backstroke motion to get anywhere.

I have dreams where I'm flying, but when I can only fly a few feet above ground and I can only do it if I'm doggie paddling. For some reason, that seems more plausible to me.

3. mdrake34

mdrake34 Member

I don't remember if my "teeth falling out" dreams ever have a cause. They're terrifying though, I wake up stressed out from the dream every time.

4. Raygun Gothic

Raygun Gothic Member

Not exactly that scenario, but I have dreamt of losing teeth.

My wife frequently dreams about showing up for a final exam and realizing that she hasn't been to any of the classes. I understand that's a common dream type.

5. archey

archey Supporting Member

I very rarely remember any dreams that I have.

6. phoenix 7

phoenix 7 Silver Supporting Member

Freud interpreted dreams of teeth falling out as representions of castration anxiety.

:munch