• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Stranglehold vs. Bridge of Sighs

Stranglehold (Nugent) vs. Bridge of Sighs (Trower)

• Stranglehold

• Bridge of Sighs

Results are only viewable after voting.

twinrider1

Interesting choice of songs. Both have that low down groove. Although one is aggressive and the other makes me think of sipping shots long and slow.
I can't choose.

It's Time!

Both are great songs and my band played them when they came out.

If I was to play either song today I would have to play both songs.

I can't choose :p

Smakutus

Bridge Of Sighs is a better song. There are songs by Ted I like a lot better than that one.

Jeff

dantedayjob

I love, really, really love Trower's playing, but I never could get jazzed about Bridge of Sighs... Day of the Eagle, Daydream, Althea, The Fool and Me, yea.. but not BoS, so I had to pick Stranglehold...

derekd

Silver Supporting Member
Used to cover Stranglehold in a cover band for years. Give me Uncle Ted!

:dude

Note to mods: A bow hunter smiley would be helpful for all Ted Nugent references.

AaeCee

Silver Supporting Member
BoS is dark, brooding, droning, down, moody, and never quite emerges out of it's somewhat depressing modality........which is why I love it!!

TNJ

Gold Supporting Member
Ted was funny.
Robin was serious.

Depends on my mood, as I like both.

If I have to choose...Trower FTW.

That lineup/tuneage was totally awesome!

S.
j

tbone666

that is a interesting comparison. Ted has some awesome moments in that song, Trower just milks it for all it's worth.

i vote trower

Kentano2000

Gold Supporting Member
If you asked me a two years ago I would have said Stranglehold. But nowadays it's Bridge of Sighs.

EricPeterson

both great but the riff on Stranglehold gets me every time. Good choice of songs though, they are both great.

Trending Topics