Strap suggestion (my turn?)

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by TheoDog, Feb 12, 2015.

1. TheoDog

TheoDog Silver Supporting Member

I am finally upgrading straps.
    Looking for this one - chose an action shot to make sense with stage lighting.
    You can see there is a tinge of pink in the blonde

[​IMG]

I am really wanting a Couch strap.
    Any one care to compare the Racer X to the seatbelt strap?

If we can find the right color Seatbelt for this one, I could probably afford to also get a strap for my Cherry DOT... Feel free to suggest for that one, too.

[​IMG]

I know the Graphite western would be great for the Dano.

2. thebard42

thebard42 Supporting Member

I just picked up two Couch Racer X straps. They are very nice and I love the vibe. However for sheer comfort I have been digging one of the cheaper Souldier straps with the seatbelt backing.

3. drpoyer

drpoyer Member

I have been in a strap search for a couple of years. Sad but true. The best strap I have for comfort and adjustability is (I know.... but) a Peavey EVH strap. The one I have is older, it is starting to wear out and I though I would just get another. Well, evidently I am not the only one who likes this strap. 150.00 was the average sale for these things.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Peavey-EVH-...859?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item2344e273eb

Crazy, but they have made a new EVH strap that actually has the features, but is not as nice looking. The changes should keep the strap from breaking down; which is a problem with the original strap. I used Levy Padded Straps for years but they cannot adjust quickly for guitar changes, and I don't want to have 6 different guitar straps around...

Here is the new version, but they sell on ebay for about 30.00 shipped

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/evh-premium-guitar-strap

The only thing about this strap is neck divers are not corrected, so if you have the issue, you will still have the issue. However, your trio looks to be immune by design.

4. EADGBE

EADGBE Member

The DiMarzio DD3100C cotton straps are really comfortable. They don't cost much either.

5. mrpinter

mrpinter Supporting Member

I've had a number of Couch straps, as well as Souldier seat belt-based straps. The Souldier ones might be just a hair more comfortable, but if you are having any neck dive with the guitar the Couch will keep it in place better. You really can't go wrong with either company, IMO. BTW, Couch also has seat belt straps.

6. deadbeat son

deadbeat son Member

7. TheoDog

8. thebard42

thebard42 Supporting Member

I can attest that the Couch White with Orange Racer X is an off white. I had an Eastwood Airline White Strap and it was pure white, I sold it to fund the Couch.

9. lavinci

lavinci Member

Well Hung straps are the best.....
    My Skydawg arrived about month ago and it should the rest of my life

Sent from a Rick Kelly Tele using a MKi ToneBender

10. paulitk

paulitk Member

I have a black and white Couch strap on my Jazzmaster. Best strap I've ever owned. I have a matching wallet for going on a year now, and it's the most durable one I've ever owned (I suffer from George Costanza wallet syndrome). I'm a huge Couch fan. They make awesome stuff.

11. TheoDog

Thanks for the replies.
    I have purchased from Couch before, but never a guitar strap. I'm sure the quality is there a price point I can handle.
    While the Well Hung Reverb shop is cool, it's just no my aesthetic.

I was hoping I would get some color suggestions. And also I was curious if anyone had opinions of seatbelt vs RacerX.

12. deadbeat son

deadbeat son Member

I also have a Racer X, but it's brown with a white stripe. Cool strap, but doesn't work with this tele. IF I remember, I'll try to dig it out tomorrow and get a photo against the fender blonde finish for you.

13. TheoDog

Thanks. How is the comfort of the RacerX vs the dead stock? Have you tried the Couch seatbelt?
    I am waiting to see if I can hold off for a sale from Couch, but those are pretty rare as it is now, I have $100 in my cart for 3 straps, which is fair, I suppose. But even a free shipping or 10% would be sweet.

If you think that brown w/white would look nice on a natural finish acoustic with white binding, I would consider buying it from you.