Strap too short. Solutions?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by gtrfinder, May 1, 2008.

1. gtrfinder

gtrfinder Supporting Member

So I just bought a nice black paisley Levy's leather strap. Looks great! The only thing is it is too short.
    Any ideas how to lengthen the strap, or something I could add to the end of it to make it longer. (This was a special order and took 2 months to get, so it is not as easy as just going back and getting another)

2. missing_dave

missing_dave Member

not sure this is what your looking for but i could help. i have the same problem with an old two piece leather strap. (so im not that picky) but flea markets always have those leather belt guys,they could help "extend" the strap for you. also a shoe repair place could (usually) does belt and leather work so that could help. didnt look where you live but a boot/leather or bike store sometimes does that stuff too. good luck..keep us posted !:BEER

3. gtrfinder

gtrfinder Supporting Member

Good idea
    This is a 2 piece strap too. Perhaps somebody could fashion something in between the 2 pieces or to the end of it.

4. missing_dave

missing_dave Member

yeah its in a location you dont really see..you/they could sew a piece cut to match the end and just extend the strap.very easy. and if the place deals in leather im sure you could get a similar piece or use some leather conditioner or shoe polish to even better match the leather color!

5. MisterTV

MisterTV Supporting Member

I have a pair of strap locks that give you about 2" of leather extention on each stap button. I had them on a Les Paul that I recently sold, so I have no use for them anymore... will sell for cheap. If interested, PM/e-mail me and I can send you pix.