• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Strat Addict

Gevalt

I can never seem to get mine set up right or to stay in tune very well...it's quite frustrating since I once played a vintage Strat in Nashville that was the best playing and sounding guitar I've ever picked up. Why...why can't mine be like that? :(
'cause that one was set up by one of the best luthiers in the biz, instead of you. Well, partly that, and no offense, myan.

dcooper830

Yeah I have 4 Strats.

This old partscaster I've had since 1990:

My USA 40th Anniversary Strat I've had since 1995:

And I recently bought 2 American Specials:

I love all these!

calpa94

I'm with you. I tried for years to find something else but came back to my original mij strat. I am saving for a suhr classic though.

VHS analog

I love strats, with the caveat that I'm really picky, I mean REALLY picky. So ironically, I hate most strats. When you find the right one, it's the greatest thing ever.

superrock

Gold Supporting Member
here is my '04 American deluxe. i know, i know, pardon the sticker... it'll come off someday... for now she is the peace-o-caster. ash, maple neck, s1 system, killer no filler...
:hiP

djg714

Love'em . Got 6 right now. Try to keep at least 4 around.

One of my newest....'11 Am Std HSS.

Last edited:

dougb415

I've been on a Strat kick lately. Picked up 5 cheap ones so far this year, and already had 2 at home, a Classic Player 60s and a Road Worn 60s. My wife got me a Squier Bullet for my bday this past January, and I modded it. Then we found an Alvarez Custom Classic a couple weeks ago. I picked up a Squier CV 60s last Monday, then found out that a surplus store nearby was blowing out blemished Squier Strat SE Specials for $45. I picked up one Thursday, went back for another on Friday. More mod projects coming up!

Matt L

Local shop was having a huge sale today, and I scored a new sunburst Jimmie Vaughan signed by JV on the pickguard for $375 and a white/gold Classic Vibe '50s Strat for $183!!!!! I cannot believe it, honestly.

robertkoa

The feel of strats is amazing but sometimes, for me, they are a little one dimensional. I would suggest throwing some humbuggies in one or get an HSH setup just to change it up a little.

Yeah- I like to S-T-R-E-T-C-H the Strat thing with much warmer, more resonant bodies, not usually Fender, and H-S-S or H-S-H also.

I'm even thinking of doing an H-S-H set neck or LP or Carvin Carved Top or Larrivee R2........with H-S-H, and switches.

Last edited:

5E3

There's nothing particularly special about my American Strat. But it's mine, it's comfortable like a broken in glove and I'll never sell it :)

Sure, I'd like to have more Strats. So many guitars, so little time (and money). For now, this is the one.

Guitarworks

I was a stratocaster enthusiast for 18 years. But it ran its course and I've long since been generally out of the strat game. In that time I tried a number of different combinations of necks, pickup configs, colors, etc. Eventually I settled on my favorite type having 3 single coils and a maple board. :eek:

thatstoneboy

I've tried to like other guitars, even lusted a few until I tried them for a while. I've decided I'm a strat guy and will never need anything else.

GibsonSGgirl

I started out when I was 16 with a Gibson SG and thumbed my nose up at Fenders in general. My how the tables have turned...now I have more Strats than any other brand or type of guitar. I have a '96 62RI, '98 62RI, '88 57RI, and an 02 American Deluxe.

Trending Topics