Strat all ROSEWOOD ONE PC NECK

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by jerryratpack, Apr 24, 2015.

1. jerryratpack

jerryratpack Gold Supporting Member

I came across an American standard with a one PC all rosewood neck , which I never had seen before. It's listed as a limited edition , and is new at the store.

The neck felt more crowded by the nut, but it's the same spec as my American deluxe, aside from the deluxe having the compound radius vs the 9.5 on the rosewood . So not sure about that, but it played nicely and the neck was very smooth.

I couldn't really tell the difference in tone at the store.

Anybody have / had one of these ?

2. omfg51

omfg51 Member

Special edition of the Am. Std. strat. I played with one pretty extensively about a month ago. It still sounded like a strat, and I'm still not a strat guy. Nothing to write home about, in my opinion.

3. jerryratpack

Yes, It sounded like a strat to me as best I could tell. It had a unique look and feel to it though... This is what is looked like, (not the one I played )

[​IMG]

4. omfg51

omfg51 Member

I like the Daphne Blue model, very cool aesthetic, but that is the only appeal to me. They are still quality instruments, as well as unique, anyone who is into strats should most certainly check one out.

5. archey

archey Member

I haven't played a strat with a rosewood neck, but I have built a couple guitars that had them. Imo the rosewood has a faster attack to the the note. I love the look and feel but ultimately prefer a mahogany neck to rosewood. Or in the case of a strat a maple neck.

6. critter74

critter74 Supporting Member

I am tempted dinky to buy the Daphne Blue one. But having just got a Suhr Classic Pro, it's hard for me to justify. Other than then Yin to my PRS McCarty P90 w/ solid Rosewood necks Yang.

I I think I just found my justification....

Bradleyonmic likes this.
  7. jerryratpack

Strange how the neck near the nut felt a little crowded to me.. Probably my imagination...

I really have been looking to pick up a fender FSR American standard strat, with a V neck, compound radius and 3 fat 50's pups... They are in various locations, just none near me at the moment to try out... I have really nice deluxe, plays like butter, (I never thought I would say that about a strat , but there it is ) :)
    I have a love hate relationship with the noiseless pups, they aren't as stratty as I like them to be at times... So I need another guitar :D

8. jerryratpack

Maybe i need to buy the new line 6 Variax standard , hmmm
    Have to see if it does a convincing strat

9. jmontgomery

jmontgomery Supporting Member

It's hard to beat the feel of a solid rosewood neck.