Strat and Line-6 Flextone price

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by hank57, Feb 11, 2015.

1. hank57

hank57 Silver Supporting Member

I am helping my brother-in-law get a strat and an amp. I found a Mexican strat 1999 and Flextone 1x12 as a package for $350. Both in mint shape because the owner bought them but never learned to play.

I don't know Line-6 stuff but I think this sounds like great student package. I'd like the opinions of those who like Line-6 stuff

Good deal?

2. gtrdave

gtrdave Member

I can't say that I like Line 6 stuff, but I've owned and used enough of it over the years to know better.
    $350 for a MIM Strat and a Flextone amp is a good deal and good gear for a student, imho.

3. hank57

hank57 Silver Supporting Member

Dave thanks for that. Might just get a valvetronix amp for him and a diffent guitar. The Line-6 might just be too big and powerful anyway.

4. geekocaster

geekocaster Member

Flextone is a fine amp for a beginner, I used to use one at rehersal space, got some good usable tones out of it. Not a bad price, since you are getting a package, but those old line 6 amps have $0 resale.

5. VCuomo

VCuomo Member

I assume you're talking about a Flextone (I, II, or III) Plus. It's a fine amp, period (not just "for a beginner"). I gigged with mine for a number of years (with the 1x12 extension cab). If the amp doesn't come with an FBV floorboard, I'd try to haggle the price down to $300 or so for the package.

6. mattball826

mattball826 Member

yep! if it has the fbv controller= win

great giggable amp. on par with fender mustang, valvetronix etc.

not at all like the newer scooped out sounding spider amps.