Strat Big Apple Clone With Series/Parallel Options Help

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by nitroburner1000, May 6, 2016.

1. nitroburner1000

nitroburner1000 Member

Hi all. Im looking for some help.
    Im upgrading my MIM HSS strat. Ive had it about 3 years and want more sound choices.
    Ive been reading a lot about the big apple strat and am going to try to clone it.

This is the guitar i have now
    [​IMG]

This is the diagram im going to work from http://pdf.toneshapers.com/ToneShapers-Wiring-Diagram-Fender-Stratocaster-ST-HH1_241-Duncan.pdf
    Have to leave link as the pic is in pdf

This is my setup so far
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I want to use the 2 tone push/pulls to each control a single pickup.
    I want them to control series/parallel, one for the bridge and one for the neck.

3 questions....... How do i connect the push/pulls into the big apple strat wiring circuit, ( a diagram would be much appreciated)?
    and... on the big apple i want to leave out the 2 resisters, do i have to replace them with normal wire or leave them off completely?
    And... is the big apples 2 pole superswitch connections the same if i use a normal 4 pole superswitch?

Thanks in advance for any help i get.
    Ive posted on other forums and they said it cant be done without either flipping the magnets or messing up 2 and 4 positions.
    What do you guys think?