STRAT BRIDGE PICKUP .... Noiseless + " Single Coil " Tone + " A bit of Tele Bite " ..... ???

benifin

Silver Supporting Member
Hi all

This is a simple request ..... :) ...... Im after a:-

-> strat bridge pickup
-> noiselss
-> which sounds as single-coil as possible
-> has a bite of Tele Bridge bite

Im thinking:-

(a) such a pickup doesn't exist

or alternatly

(b) a Kinman is a close as possible

Any other options people can suggest ?

Ben

moosewayne

Silver Supporting Member
I get exactly what you're looking for in an ash bodied hardtail strat,
Fender Vintage noiseless with a TBX tone pot.

SouthpawGuy

EBMM Silo Special hardtail, alder body, with a DiMarzio Injector has quite a bit of tele bite and attitude going on.

Same pickup in a G&L Legacy with ash body and trem ... not so much tele vibe

benifin

Silver Supporting Member
Hey all

Should have said my Strat is already hard-tailed :) ....... also ....... I havent had a tone pot in any guitar Ive had for the last 20 years either so no TBX [or TBX-like pots ] needed .... :)

For reference, my Tele has a bridge Kinman AVn48b Broadcaster ...... around 6k and quite bright / snappy ........ and from the specs page, the Injector seems to be very hot and very mid-range'y (?)

Looks like its between the Fender Vintage noiseless or a Kinman ...... unless there is some other option (?)

Ben

Last edited:

moosewayne

Silver Supporting Member
I'm not sure if you'll be able to accomplish this without a tone pot.
But then again, what the hell do I know?

BigViolin

I've been very curious to try the Lindy Fralin split-blades. He offers them with different winds, radius etc. Though I haven't played them yet if I was in your shoes I'd be calling Lindy.

Sparky6string

IDK about noiseless but... I've seen some video reviews of the new Hendrix MiM Strat and that reversed bridge pickup angle seemed to produce a Tele-like tone to my ear at times. I wonder if that change coupled with a Strat pickup designed to emulate a Tele bridge pickup might do enough to please my ear.

And I've been wanting to check out those split rails of Fralin's for a long time. Seems he's been advertising those for a long time in magazines, and if he believes in them to that degree I think he's just waiting for us to catch up.

faithman2k

I've used the DiMarzio Virtual Solo.

It's probably closer to an Duncan SSL-5, but should get you close to a Tele-like bridge sound with the right height adjustment.

I've been wanting more of a Broadcaster bridge sound and the Virtual Solo is brighter than what I consider a Broadcaster bridge to sound like

9fingers

Silver Supporting Member
Bite you say? Joe Barden S-deluxe bridge pickup!
(Better yet, all 3 Bardens)

Trending Topics