Strat guy observation

jape

I have always considered myself a 'strat guy'. For some reason it occurred to me today that I've never owned a 'normal' SSS Strat.

Contemporary Strat - HSS
Strat Plus that was SSS, but those Lace Sensors really aren't traditional single coils
I currently have an HSS Mexi Strat

I really have the urge to get a SSS pickguard for my current guitar now.

I guess I've never really been a true 'Strat guy', just a 'Strat-like guy'. :dunno

Jonny Hotnuts

I am very concerned for you. Not having a SSS strat is clearly some sort of self loathing behavior. I would not be surprised if you were not on some prescribed anti psychotic meds due to observed cutting-self mutilation activities or severe depression.

My questions for you:

Do you have a history of mental illness in your family?

My advice for you:

Dont get a pickguard and reconfigure any guitars you currently have. This would be a fantastic opportunity to justify throwing down 550-600$ on a good used MIA with SSS and keep the others the way they are.

Then....you could get off the meds and find a girlfriend.

Trust me, youll thank me if you do it.

~JH

dilznik

If you reconfigure an existing guitar instead of buying a new guitar, then the terrorists win. Don't let the terrorists win.

RLD

Silver Supporting Member
HSS Mexi Strat's are made to upgrade.
I've swapped the whole pickguard assembly on 3 of them.
Got some inexpensive pup sets for $80 (RH Factor) and $60 (Rose).
Made a nice difference.

corn husk bag

Go ahead, get quacky, you will love it. I have had the lace sensors, my favs are low power, like the vintage 60s set. Never had an HB in a Fender.

Kind Regards,
Steve

jape

I am very concerned for you. Not having a SSS strat is clearly some sort of self loathing behavior. I would not be surprised if you were not on some prescribed anti psychotic meds due to observed cutting-self mutilation activities or severe depression.

My questions for you:

Do you have a history of mental illness in your family?

My advice for you:

Dont get a pickguard and reconfigure any guitars you currently have. This would be a fantastic opportunity to justify throwing down 550-600$ on a good used MIA with SSS and keep the others the way they are.

Then....you could get off the meds and find a girlfriend.

Trust me, youll thank me if you do it.

~JH
Dammit?! That's what I was afraid of.

I guess I need to shop for a set of single coils & call my doc. [emoji1]

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
A nice HH setup is also very cool on a Strat platform.
IMHO, the stratness that is so good is very much about the ergonomics. A Strat is very comfortable.

monty

I was the same way OP, I just needed to find a Strat with a bridge pup I could live with. Found it in a Tex Mex.

fendergeek

Silver Supporting Member
Calm down. Take a breath. Now go get a new loaded pickguard ( fat 50's maybe) and drop it in one of your Strats!

Trending Topics