Strat Guys - Do You Use Straight End Plug Cables or Right End Plug

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Josh O, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Josh O

Josh O Member

To all you Strat guys, which do you use? I was going through my cables today and I have alot of nice Bayou cables but have right end connectors at both ends.

2. blong

blong Supporting Member

I tend to use straight end for my strats & teles, right end for LP, PRS, and some others.

I always preferred straight ends no matter what, but I recently destroyed a straight end while playing my Les Paul, so I got a right end (on one end only) cable. I wasn't gonna buy it b/c I like cheap cables, but I got a Monster cable for $14 at the local GC b/c the manager owed me a favor.

The right end cable doesn't fit well in the strat input jack, or the tele for that matter.

Bob

3. blong

blong Supporting Member

By the way, if you have a local shop that has a decent tech, purchase a good straight end and convert one of the bayou cables.

Bob

4. Impulse 101

Impulse 101 Member

I always use straights for strats with face mounted jacks. The rights will hang up your trem bar.

JT

5. gulliver

gulliver Member

I'm pretty sure that if you use a right angle cable on a strat, it means you're gay.

Sorry for the Harmony-Central like answer, but it was a harmony-Central like question.

:Devil

6. leofenderbender

leofenderbender Supporting Member

7. Josh O

Josh O Member

Wow, very insightful.

Actually, I was quite serious as it seems that a straight plug puts more stress on the input jack then a right angled one. A right angled one sure looks awkward and I'll agree that it becomes an obstacle with the trem bar but it seemed like it didn't have a tendency to pull the jack down as much if the cable gets yanked a bit.

8. mustangman

mustangman Member

9. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

+100

10. 1968

1968 Member

When sitting around at home: Straight
    Otherwise Right running through strap.

11. capnbringdown

capnbringdown Member

Straight. With the angled plugs, they sometimes wind up being twisted when I'm playing. On my other guitar, which is not a strat--its an epiphone genesis if that makes any difference, I wound up ****ing up the input jack a little and losing the washer. Got a better replacement for it and use my straight cables with it. The straight ones I have are of better quality anyways.

12. Josh O

Josh O Member

I used to snake my cable through my strap, gonna have to start doing that again. Thanks everyone, straight it is for my strat, sticking with the right angle for TCM Taurus.

13. bluesdoc

bluesdoc Gold Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

More thumbs down on right angle'd plugs. If you have a tight jack, they can be a mofo to pull out. Been there............ :rolleyes: jon