Strat into String Ensemble clip

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Jackie Treehorn, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Jackie Treehorn

Jackie Treehorn Member

I did a quick clip of this device I posted about on the effects forum, http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=134928.

It's basically an adjustable swell device with some thick analog chorus to give the impression of strings. So if you play from direct silence you get the swell or you can just play normally and get a lot of nice chorus. It's very unsimilar to say a Boss CE-2 type chorus.

So, this is Strat into MTI ADL-100 Analog String Ensemble, into Soundblaster 16 (circa '95 whose noise is only equalled by its lack of top end), with some plug-in delay added.

Treehorn with Strings

Kinda cool, huh?

2. vladorg

vladorg Supporting Member

Very warm,organic sound indeed!Dug it a lot.Kinda reminded me of the Digitech Space Station pedal.

Vlad

3. johnfindlay

johnfindlay Member

tis a beaut!! nice y sound y!

4. 8R3N7

8R3N7 Member

A buddy on my tennis team just gave me one of these today. He had no idea what it was. I plugged it up and it's really sweet. Like Vladorg said so many years ago, very warm and organic sounding. I might get some real use out of this thing! :aok

[​IMG]