Strat pickup suggestion for a '50's relic build

rainmaker

I'm in the process of putting together a relic project based on the Clapton Strat, Brownie. I need some pick up ideas because I have no idea what those pickups were and I don't have the Auction book or any luck finding them on the internet. I've used Lollars in the past and they were fantastic. Before I commit to a new set, does anyone here have any suggestions? If Lollars are the way to go, any particular model recommendations? Thanks in advance!!!

rainmaker

Beautiful Strat. Hope mine looks as good as that! I'm really leaning towards the Lollars. Anyone have any sound clips they want to share?

mrfjones

look into the 50 strat pickups from peter florance, he has a low output model that just might be the ticket

MikeB_18

Check out Fralin's, I've never used his Real 54's but I have used a number of his other pickups and I've yet to be disappointed. He makes great pickups.

brattmoore

SD SSL1 are very underrated and people tends to go to boutique pickups thinking that expensive = best. To my ears the SSL-1 can't be beat (at least in neck position). For bridge position, I like Suhr V60LP, Dimarzio VV Solo Pro (wired for single coil operation), FS-1, Fralin Blues with bass plate etc...Tonerider pickups are excellent too, though not (enough) expensive to some so-called golden ears. Just my 0.02.

Trending Topics