Strat pickups : Suhr vs. Fralin

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by SeeMoore, Jul 10, 2008.

1. SeeMoore

SeeMoore Member

Which do you prefer, and why?

2. zerocharisma

zerocharisma Supporting Member

I haven't tried any Fralins or heard any in person but I'm getting a set of FLs in my Deluxe Ash Strat. Can't wait to get it back. Listen to Scott Henderson or Mike Landau clips on Youtube and you'll see why they're Suhr's flagship pickups.

3. bluegrif

bluegrif Member

Fralins are great and I believe they're some of the finest Strat pickups out there. If you're after the sound of a great vintage Strat pickup, they're as good a choice as any. That said, I've absolutely fallen in love with the Suhr FLs. They still mange to sound like a great, traditional Strat, but give you more guts without loosing any of the sweetness. Very nice.

4. walterw

walterw Gold Supporting Member

maserati or ferrari, which do you prefer and why?:)

i will say that fralin makes a lot more "outside the box" models, like 10k overwounds, steel poles, mixed magnets, etc.

all the suhr variations to me are still within the more narrow window of classic vintage designs.

5. geetarman

geetarman Member

I have both and they're equally nice it all depends on what tones you're after.

6. Izy

Izy Member

I tried both and both are stellar.

But in the end i went with Suhr just becos i like the sound of the bridge p/up better.