Strat Price Check Part 2

PianoMan

Silver Supporting Member
I'm trying to determine exactly what this strat is worth for a friend. I've posted on it before, but I've found out some additional information about it since then.

It's a 1995 Limited Edition Strat in a metallic red color with a matching headstock and rosewood fretboard. It is in good condition, with some chips taken out of the finish, and some belt rash, but nothing serious (everything shown in pics below). The frets are lightly worn, and a bit rusty from little use (but would come off easily).

The strats original owner apparently installed a bone nut (I have limited experience here, but from what I can tell this is true). The guitar is also apparently equipped with Texas Special pickups (which is not standard from what I can tell, though feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

It has its original hard case, but doesn't have any of the case candy other than the trem arm.

So, anyone care to give an estimate of what this would be worth?

Pics:

Guitar
P1020606.jpg

P1020604.jpg

P1020607.jpg

P1020609.jpg

Chips / Belt Rash
P1020611.jpg

P1020615.jpg

P1020617.jpg

P1020608.jpg

P1020618.jpg

P1020620.jpg

Electronics
P1020624.jpg

P1020625.jpg

Frets/Nut
P1020626.jpg

P1020627.jpg

rastus

about 750-900 retail-in this condition with minor changes-I'd drop about 25% off of that

about 750-900 retail-in this condition with minor changes-I'd drop about 25% off of that

I would be surprised if it cost much more than $1000 new--I just can't see most strats holding a value that is 90% of what was paid for them new, even when in excellent condition, which this one is not. As a rule of thumb, the base price should be half of what was paid for a guitar when new, and the price lowered based on wear & tear, and age, or raised if it happens to an exceptional guitar.

michael30

It's a 1995 Limited Edition Strat in a metallic red color with a matching headstock and rosewood fretboard. It is in good condition, with some chips taken out of the finish, and some belt rash, but nothing serious (everything shown in pics below). The frets are lightly worn, and a bit rusty from little use (but would come off easily).

The strats original owner apparently installed a bone nut (I have limited experience here, but from what I can tell this is true). The guitar is also apparently equipped with Texas Special pickups (which is not standard from what I can tell, though feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

Electronics
P1020624.jpg

P1020625.jpg

Those are not Texas Specials. The look like standard AmStd pickups. The '95 with the painted headstock is worth around $50-100 more than a normal 90's AmStd.

Bhodie

Silver Supporting Member
That would probably go from $500 - $600 in the Minneapolis market..

eyeball987

"In Philadelphia it's worth fifty bucks."

Sorry. I watched Trading Places the other day and always loved that line from Bo Diddley.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom