Strat question

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by Kief, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Kief

Kief Senior Member

On my parts strat, the neck has the old style truss adjustment at the bottom. Thing is, when I mount it to the body, some of the truss rod nut is blocked off by the body. To adjust it you'd have to take the neck off. Is that normal or is the neck pocket too deep? I'm thinking the whole nut should be exposed. It's an MIJ 57 RI body, and a 57 neck from Musikraft.

Thanks all,

Drew

2. testing1two

testing1two Gold Supporting Member

That's normal. On vintage style instruments the neck has to be loosened or removed to make truss rod adjustments. Not the most serviceable of designs for sure, but purists won't have it any other way.

3. wavey63

wavey63 Member

+1. I Have it down to science.Can take off the neck, adjust, have it back on in 3 minutes or so. Still a pain in the arse though.

4. buddastrat

buddastrat Member

Sometimes it's a good thing to have it at the butt end. There are some people who would be adjusting constantly if it was at the head, having to have it just perfect. Some days my guitars play low and some high from neck movement, I don't care I leave it be and play on.