Strat Re-fret cost?

wraub

I have a RW 'board Strat that needs a re-fret. 21 frets, looking for nickel not SS.
What's a typical price?

NJD3VIL77

I have a RW 'board Strat that needs a re-fret. 21 frets, looking for nickel not SS.
What's a typical price?
I’m interested in this topic as well. May I piggy back and ask if anyone has pricing on SS refretting costs?

MajorLedhead

Silver Supporting Member
I got $400 in mine if you include shipping costs to Kentucky from western Pa.
Maple board with nickel frets.

SinglecutGuy

Silver Supporting Member
SS jumbos from Aperio, $385 including new nut.
Aperio is highly regarding in these parts. Great work and reputation.
I came in here specifically to recommend Aperio. Greg is a standup guy and does impeccable work. He re-fretted a tele for me with SS, and I had an issue after the fact (100% my fault) and Greg still took care of it. I can’t say enough good things. It’s one thing to have excellent work done. It another thing to have excellent work done by excellent people.

Aperio all the way.

nl128

Gold Supporting Member
I used bordentown guitar rescue in NJ for a refret on a maple board ‘67 tele. Mike there did an amazing job. Beautiful re fret and a new nut with out touching the original fretboard finish at all. I believe he charged $250-275 and was done in a week. I was so happy with the work I tipped him another $50.

diogoguitar

Mike Lull's shop in Seattle area charges $800+. I wanted to do it on my Jackson. With binding and ss fret upcharge, they were talking more like $1,200. And that was in 2019 before any craziness on the market
Of course this is a "I don't want to do it" kind of price.

In Portland area I saw a reputable shop wanting $450 for it (also high cost of living)

bon ton

Silver Supporting Member
I need new frets so infrequently I'm always surprised when I hear the price. Fortunately my guy is a friend since the late 70's and I trust him without any reservations. I just pay whatever he says it costs and he does a superb job. He charged me $400 a couple of years ago.

bon ton

Silver Supporting Member
Mike Lull's shop in Seattle area charges $800+. I wanted to do it on my Jackson. With binding and ss fret upcharge, they were talking more like $1,200. And that was in 2019 before any craziness on the market
Of course this is a "I don't want to do it" kind of price.

In Portland area I saw a reputable shop wanting $450 for it (also high cost of living)
Mike Lull has his head up his ass.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom