Strat/Reinhardt JTM45/Orange 4/12 and Fuzzies....

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by michael.e, Jun 25, 2006.

1. michael.e

michael.e Supporting Member

Just over speaking volume. Pretty much set up for low volume/high soundman control issues type of situation.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=434210

Marshall JTM45/Orange 4-12 1/2 stack. Kotzen Strat w/Dimarzio V2 neck p.u. in brige postion. Fulltone Soulbender/Lovepedal COT50 blue/Cornish SS2. Guitar volume manipulated throughout. Mic-Audix D-3 off axis towards cone [EDIT: Mic moved to straight on cone, much better!]. Recorded to Sony Minidisc NH900. Not happy with response from recorder. Recording too compressed. Need better mic placement.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

M.E.

2. michael.e

Here is another clip with record settings changed. Hopefully for a more dynamic response.

Bummer, as I am listening, the sweet high end that was apparent in ITunes did not transfer into Soundclick.

I changed the mic placement just past 1/2 way as well.

Sounds like I need to mess with my Cornish for less gain and more punch.

M.E.

3. fatback

fatback Member

Michael, I want to check out your clips, but your links keep taking me to soundclick's main default page.

btw... Sweet axe!:D That gold gaurd is the shnitzel!

4. michael.e

Hey John!

I LOVE this Strat!!

Never going anywhere!! I am sure that there are better sounding guitars out there, but this one is just, different..

Here is a link to my main page. I will change both of the other links as well.

I just added a 3rd clip that has the Soulbender/COT50/Cornish on the first half. I did some adjusting to the Cornish and I like it much better.
    The second half of clip 3 is a Z-Vex Fuzz Factory/Cornish thing. The FF does a great clean tone! Responds incredibly well to picking dynamics and touch. Volume knob twiddling a must!

M.E.

5. onemind

onemind Member

Man Orange is definitely the new purple

6. ChasR

ChasR Member

"Homie" sounds great! Love the way you ebb back and forth from melodic lead into that "crunchy stuff". That Orange Amp is "the slice". I have orange on my mind. Cheers matie!! Chas