• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Strat setup question

mtmartin71

Gold Supporting Member
I bought my second Strat...a HSS 2008 or 09 model...one of the new ones in Blizzard Pearl. Very nice guitar. I went to have it set up by my local guy but didn't explain what I wanted as well. I wanted it to be like my first Strat which has the trem locked against the body with 4 springs so it doesn't move on bends. Well, I tried to get the same thing on this one and it's every so slightly touching the body but it's technically still floating, I think, because as I bend, the trem moves. Is this as simple as adding a 4th spring and I'm done? Maybe this guy would just do it for me quick based on the misunderstanding...

mc5nrg

Silver Supporting Member
Open the back cover and tighten the claw holding the springs some and you probably will be ok with what you want.

mtmartin71

Gold Supporting Member
Open the back cover and tighten the claw holding the springs some and you probably will be ok with what you want.
What's the benefit of that vs. just adding another spring? I thought the issue might be that the 3 springs weren't applying enough pressure to prevent the bridge moving on bends. I'm using 10s which aren't too heavy, but certainly heavier than the 9s I had on the guitar.

Thanks...

Keyser Soze

Tightening down the claw will stretch the existing springs to a longer length. They will then be applying greater force to the trem block. Adding more springs is also a viable option, but one that requires more springs.

Your choice really.

mtmartin71

Gold Supporting Member
Tightening down the claw will stretch the existing springs to a longer length. They will then be applying greater force to the trem block. Adding more springs is also a viable option, but one that requires more springs.

Your choice really.
I just bummed a spring off of my other Strat and that worked fine. No movement on bends. I'll just get the extra spring to put back into my other Strat.

Thanks

Trending Topics