• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Strat spacing question

BJW

Hello,
I'm gathering parts for my next partscaster strat. I orderered a Gotoh 510TS-SF2 bridge. It has the vintage 2-7/32" mounting spread and spacing, but 2-1/8" string spread. Looking at necks would I be better off with nut width of 1-11/16" or 1.650? Or is this a non issue for the string spacing as long as nut is cut properly? Trying to avoid high e fall off. Thanks.

Blix

Wannabe Shredder
Silver Supporting Member
Should be no issue at all, the guitar in my avatar have 2 1/8" bridge spacing and a 1 5/8" nut.

BJW

Thanks for the reply. On another parts start I have a 1.650 nut with vintage bridge spacing, thinking of trying 1 11/16 nut width for this new one I'm gathering parts for.

Tone_Terrific

Silver Supporting Member
A wider nut allows MORE space for the E strings, if you utilize it.
It never causes falloff. A wide bridge spacing might.
Narrow nuts and narrow bridges are design errors perpetrated by bad decisions in the 1950's, imo.:D

Reactions: BJW

Trending Topics