Straub Cantus- Plexi style amp video clip

Discussion in 'Gear Demo Videos & Sound Clips Archive' started by wedewer, Feb 23, 2009.

1. wedewer

wedewer Supporting Member

2. lgehrig4

lgehrig4 Member

Sounds great, a little distant, but you can still tell that it sounded pretty fat in the room. How are those Skatterbranes? I just ordered a set with A5 magnets.

3. Dana Olsen

Dana Olsen Gold Supporting Member

Sounds good - I'm liking the Scatterbrains too - you got a URL for their website?

The Straub sounds wonderful, nice playing too.

Thanks, Dana O.

4. hottub

hottub Member

sounds killer!

5. wedewer

Love the skatterbranes. Mine set came from a run that was wound a little hotter. About 8.7 in the bridge and I can't remember in the neck. I have the A2 in the bridge and A5 in the neck.

www.skatterbrane.com

6. wedewer

Sounds distant because I recorded it using one of those "flip video" cameras. About the side of an ipod. Any closer and it would have distorted. Plus there is probably natural reverb due to no carpet on the floor.

7. JubileeMan 2555

JubileeMan 2555 Member

Really does sound good.. I dig the tones...

...but I do have to comment that that amp is quite ugly. Wood is alright, but doesn't look to have a very pretty wood stain, and the red knobs make it look like a cheap Fender M80.

But, in the end, who cares what it looks like;)

8. wedewer

I agree with jubilee man's post but................. its just not the case.
    The head cab is beautifully done. You can't tell from this video. Bad lighting, cheap camera. If you go to www.straubamps.com, you will be able to confirm my comments below.

Actually knobs are not red. They are made of wood as well. Very cool. What you are seeing is the laser etched backlit pannel. So all the labels on the controls are lit up. i.e. volume,bass, treble.
    From this camera angle it looks like the knobs are red. I agree .
    Secondly, it must be the lighting, because the finish on the wood is excellent. It just so happpens I am a painting contractor and do lacquer finishes(I didn't do this one) and this one is excellent. There is no stain on this wood. Just clear lacquer over the wood.