Strictly FUZZ

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by chrismellotron, May 30, 2013.

1. wrightdude

wrightdude Supporting Member

actually... the Ernie has "return level" not "volume" per se... tho I am sure it can have an impact!!!

Flooper has return level "and" a master volume for the loop... so no need for ear plugs.... ha!

I give @TAVD credit for the master volume idea... turns out it was a really good one as some fuzzes are a little timid... but if you crank the fuzz vol they sing! Flooper master allows to adjust back to unity if desired while keeping the fuzz cranked if that' what it needs.... ;)

2. Davin Kuntze

Davin Kuntze Member

I do the same thing sometimes. Crank up that input volume for the furzzzzz.

AXXA likes this.
  3. Davin Kuntze

Davin Kuntze Member

Yes, it's not a volume (although it definitely adds volume) ... it's how much signal you recycle back through the pedal. A master volume is a great idea. Some of the extreme settings are way too loud, it would be great to attenuate them to a usable volumes. I mean, it even says as much on the pedal itself.

*Warning* Extremely high output levels are possible with certain pedal combinations. If precautions are not made, damage to other pedals, amps and speakers may occur.

wrightdude and shikawkee like this.
  4. PurpleJesus

PurpleJesus Gold Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

I've had this bad boy for about a week now...just unreal. It honestly might be my favorite out of all of Paul's pedals. The prefab enclosures look killer too. He used the Ford GT40 paint scheme (I think that's a badass idea), and it paid off b/c in person it looks really slick. @splatt have you gotten to play a KS2 version? I assume you've have :) Viva la Tornita! ks2.

[​IMG]

ptdesign, sanfi4u, JVJ and 14 others like this.
  5. friend33

friend33 Silver Supporting Member

Tornita is the bomb. I like the new look. Didn’t know Paul was alreay shipping out prefabs? I’m still waiting on a couple of the last hand finishes, looks like it should be this month.

biffoz, shikawkee and PurpleJesus like this.
  6. Tom Von Kramm

Tom Von Kramm Silver Supporting Member

7. johnetone

johnetone Supporting Member

That is a thing of true beauty! I’m glad I’m on the list and hope to get the call in a couple years or less. Tornita is definitely the one I want as well!

PurpleJesus likes this.
  8. ck3

ck3 Member

After a series of unexplained CT postal service delays, a Lovepedal Believe arrived today. It falls somewhere between a traditional Green Ringer and Shoe Frog in terms of standalone textures and can transform basic drives and fuzzes into various shades of snarling or piercing octave fuzz.

The internal controls are highly interactive, and it was necessary to dial back the original master volume setting a significant amount to achieve unity gain. Given there are gain bias positions that produce no output without higher master volume levels, I can understand why controls are not located on the outside of the pedal. Still, it would be preferable to have more immediate access to them.

Overall, the Believe seems like a solid pedal for the Black Friday sale price I paid. More time devoted to tinkering internal trimpots is definitely in order.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  9. chankgeez

chankgeez Member

I think the Believe is pretty much a Green Ringer with typical Green Ringer mods.

If I'm wrong, someone, please, correct me.

10. sparky_8

sparky_8 Member

Never played one, so I'm a bit green on the topic...

chankgeez likes this.
  11. chankgeez

chankgeez Member

You should build a Green Ringer. :D

Dandolin, ck3 and sparky_8 like this.
  12. vibrostrat43

vibrostrat43 Supporting Member

I just popped my fuzz cherry and picked up a Barber Exacta as I've loved all of their other drive pedals I've owned.

It's fantastic! Very much a muff with different options to fine tune it with your guitar. I've now got some hankerings to try out a fuzz face type and I kind of like what I'm hearing from the Analogman Astrotone. We'll see what happens!​

wrightdude, friend33, conanb and 5 others like this.
  13. sparky_8

sparky_8 Member

Quite a bit different than his normal work. Love that paint scheme.

PurpleJesus likes this.
  14. ck3

ck3 Member

I owned a fully tricked-out Green Ringer clone with a blend knob and void switch close to a decade ago. It may have been a Ronsound build. Though my memory is a bit fuzzy, I don't recall having the ability to dial in Frog-like ribbitness with it. Still, stock Believe settings are virtually indistinguishable from a Green Ringer (aside from the Believe's insane output level).

shikawkee likes this.
  15. chankgeez

chankgeez Member

It may be that the Believe is just biased a little bit hotter? :dunno One of those trimmers may be for bias.

16. Purple_Plexi

Purple_Plexi Member

It's been a while. Haven't had the chance to catch up lately and by the time I did had to go through ten pages!
    Congratulations to everyone on the new fuzzy toys. All I got during the BF sales was a BitQuest. But that's kinda fuzzy, so it counts, right? :oops:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Dandolin

Dandolin Member

Well, you could go Muff, but with that lineup I'd go Buzzaround first, then if you're feeling like exploring the border territories, a Muff makes a fine fuzzstortion...or you could veer back into fuzzland for another Tonebender or Fuzz Face or, oh let's face it, you're going to be @ this for quite a while, and you've made quite a nice start of it....

As far as Buzzarounds go, $250 will take you far...Stephen Douglas could set you up with a Green Shadow, a fine Buzzaround, and leave you a nice chunk to put towards your flooper. I also think the world of Ghost Effects' Buzzaround (and it's more aggressive brother, the Dizzy Tone). I'm sure others can point out other nice examples....

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    wrightdude likes this.
  18. sparky_8

sparky_8 Member

Nice lineup! I like the Faceless FX Marquis fuzz... it's based on the MKI. Solid build cool cosmetics.

shikawkee, Dandolin and splatt like this.
  19. conanb

conanb Member

It sounds awesome stacked :)
    It's gnarly, angry and cutting. Total opposite of the mastotron which sounds almost lush and oceanic to my ears. I really enjoy them both but I can see the double muff being the one for live use and the mastotron for studio. In a live environment I suspect the mastotron could get lost. The double muff cuts thru like a mother****er

AXXA likes this.
  20. calfzilla

calfzilla Cynical Hack Silver Supporting Member

One trimmer for output level, one trimmer for... intensity or something like that. basically effect level. Sometimes the ads will have a copy of the circuit for the backdrop with the two trimmers marked on it.

chankgeez likes this.