Strictly FUZZ

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by chrismellotron, May 30, 2013.

1. calfzilla

calfzilla Cynical Hack Silver Supporting Member

Now that I'm thinking of it... Anyone know of any other companies doing variations of the Escobedo tripple fuzz?

2. biffoz

biffoz Member

Damn, this re-ignights the Tornita lust! I think today will be a fuzzy day in the cave . . .

@splatt: Are you doing a thread on the new axe? I could gaze at that all day.

shikawkee and PurpleJesus like this.
  3. PurpleJesus

PurpleJesus Gold Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

It's so money, dude. The Gate switch makes it a lot easier to use for me, personally. It's amazing how many tones are in one pedal, and the way it reacts to the tone knobs on my guitar is extraordinary. It just soaks up every input it receives, and reacts accordingly. Also, being able to hit a note, walk out of the room, get a snack, drink a beer, and come back to hear the note still sustaining is pretty sweet too. Paul told me a while back that he really had the ks2 circuit dialed in after tweaking it over the years. He was REALLY correct in his personal analysis. It feels like I'm playing with one of those top fuel drag cars that could kill me at any moment, but somehow he's built in just enough restraint in the pedal so a mere mortal like myself can tame it too. Craziness is available too, as always, just engage the feedback.

JVJ, biffoz, friend33 and 3 others like this.
  4. splatt

splatt david torn / splattercell Gold Supporting Member

here, i were just beginning to seek out a motif/riff etc, with my trusty PTD Velocitine in play.....
    and hoping these IG posts actually work here.

recorded to iPad video, so not a high-quality sound.

Purple_Plexi, Melj, JVJ and 9 others like this.
  5. chankgeez

chankgeez Member

Hey, man, why don't you let us determine what's "high-quality" and what's not? ;)

JVJ and shikawkee like this.
  6. splatt

oh, you sure can!, can't you?
    or:
    because iPad mic.
    &:
    lols.

Bobby D and chankgeez like this.
  7. splatt

sounds right!
    in parallel with my thoughts/feelings on Velocitine, the KS's closest relative, methinks.

JVJ and PurpleJesus like this.
  8. sparky_8

sparky_8 Member

Love that guitar! And you can never go wrong with PTD. Cool to see the master "figuring things out"

splatt likes this.
  9. seiko

seiko Member

10. PurpleJesus

PurpleJesus Gold Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

Really killer riff, @splatt ! I love when you tap the strings with your right hand and let all that harmonic fuzzy madness ring out. Where do you have the input/output filters and gain set on the Velo there?

splatt likes this.
  11. shikawkee

shikawkee Mad King Edmund Gold Supporting Member

A little shootout between the two new JHS/EHX modded Muff's and the Wren and Cuff Pickle Pie Hella B. 'Cause I was bored this morning but need to get back to work in the studio now so:

12. TAVD

TAVD Guitar Player Gold Supporting Member

Zvex Machine & Lovepedal Karl come to mind.

I diy'd a triple fuzz a while back on a 3/4" piece of tag board. Easy build and sounded pretty nice.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  13. johnetone

johnetone Supporting Member

Through Zero Fuzz

wrightdude and AXXA like this.
  14. calfzilla

calfzilla Cynical Hack Silver Supporting Member

Thanks on the ZVex!!

Karl, darling devil, bullnose and monkey fist are all variants, but I wasn’t sure if any other “major” manufacturers had one in the regular lineup.

15. AXXA

AXXA Supporting Member

I had a strange experience today playing my DBA Harmonic Transformer. So, we all know that having a buffer before a fuzz can mess your sound up, usually making things brighter and thinner. But having buffers after Fuzz shouldn't make any difference. Right?! But today, I realized my Harmonic Transformer sounded very muddy with buffered pedals behind it! It sounds very crisp (and totally awesome) when it's the only pedal plugged in, and sounds great in all 4 modes. When it was in front of my Klones and Boss pedals, only the brightest, mid-scooped mode sounded good, the rest was mud.

I've noticed slight differences with post Fuzz buffers before, but never anything nearly this extreme. Some kind of impedance mismatch issue perhaps?

Purple_Plexi and Dandolin like this.
  16. Dandolin

Dandolin Member

I'm no expert, but yes, I think high output impedance could be a culprit....

17. splatt

IG is a fun place for that, i think!
    i did some more, today; i showed an insane pitch-bending exercise towards a very elusive goal. ha!

18. gravy

gravy Member

Fuzz people help me out, looking hard at both buzzarounds and or tonebender mk I. Looking for more wild hair here. Is there major differences between these 2 variations and what builders should i be looking at? TIA!

19. shikawkee

shikawkee Mad King Edmund Gold Supporting Member

Hmmmm...best TB mk. 1 I've heard is Faceless FX Marquis. For Buzzy's there's Super Electric, Monsterpiece, Ghost Effects, Stephen Douglas, Faceless FX Reverse Buzzy...I own all of them and they're all terrific. Just depends on your budget.

biffoz and gravy like this.