Strictly FUZZ

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by chrismellotron, May 30, 2013.

1. Uchison

Uchison Member

Thanks for the clarification. I'm still really looking forward to it and I can't wait for it to arrive.

What's the best way to get in touch for a repair on my AR20DL Analog Delay?

2. JVJ

JVJ Member

Some more crossposting from the Basic Audio Euro Tourbox thread. As with yesterday's tracks, it is a stock tele going into a UAD plexi with slight breakup and some plugin reverb added.

First up is the Bye Bias. Using the same setting, I sort of stumbled upon two riffs that are similar but yet different.

It started with just the riff. Then I added one track, then another one and now there are roughly ten of them. They're multiplying. Or procreating or something. Some of the leads also feature the Super Fuzz going into the Bye Bias. Good stuff.

On the second on it was a B with a 5# to 6 bend added that started the whole thing. The whole going from one note to complete disharmonic chaos and back to a more serene state was good fun. I found some more suitable intervals to line up alongside of it. And I tried my best to find some sort of lead to play over it, but with the time available yesterday it just didn't happen. So it's just one bare track. I probably should have shortened it down as there isn't anything else going on but that one riff. But there you go.

Here's a short clip showing how well the Super Fuzz likes chords. I love the way it goes all ring mod when you put it to the test. I could base a song off of something like this. Super Fuzz comes in halfway through the clip.

If there's one thing we don't get enough of here on TGP, it's death metal. :) I haven't written or played death metal in a lotta years, but I sure had fun doing this one. This is probably not what the WildCat was intended for but it does a pretty damn good job at providing a chunky rhythm sound. The three way switch was set center for one track and down for the other track, fuzz about halfway up. It was played on an old cheapie Washburn with EMGs and a Floyd Rose. The one I used to play death metal on back in the last millenium, tuned in drop C. A Kerry King style solo would have been in order for the ending, but the tremolo arm is missing and I couldn't shred if my life depended on it. Brace yourselves or skip it. :)

I've got some more time to record tomorrow and have a few things lined up. Tourboxes should come with a week off from work. It just makes it so much more enjoyable. :)

3. JVJ

JVJ Member

Mike's sig says to contact him at AnalogMike at aol.com. I've had good luck when emailing him at that address.

4. adamajah

adamajah Supporting Member

Mannnnnn... that Bye-Bias crumble makes me really want to try it even more now.

5. JVJ

JVJ Member

Yeah it is the most crumbly fuzz I’ve come across by a long shot.

Everyone should have one. :aok

la noise and adamajah like this.
  6. Purple_Plexi

Purple_Plexi Member

One of my favourites. Here's another one:

7. johnetone

johnetone Member

Omg. So much this Jens. ****ing badass!!!

Bye-bias continues to impress. But I LOVE the way the SuperFuzz makes that scribbling modulation sound on the clean-ish stuff!

The last track speaks for itself. Thumbs way up my ass!

JVJ, AXXA, urQuill and 2 others like this.
  8. friend33

friend33 Silver Supporting Member

People are getting carried away and body parts are being increasingly damaged. :confused: Everybody take it down a notch until the next bad call in the World Cup. (@krz4fx , my sympathies...). Also have a JT white pedal v2 incoming, the sickness has flared up and reasserted its dominance...o_O

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  9. splatt

splatt david torn / splattercell Gold Supporting Member

hey, nice clips!

JVJ, Flatscan and basicaudio like this.
  10. AXXA

AXXA Supporting Member

@JVJ i love the 'death metal' clip! Good and heavy

JVJ and johnetone like this.
  11. AtomicFuzz

AtomicFuzz Member

i’d bet you it’s a Japanese fuzz from the 90s that someone put in dunlop guts. Dunlop doesn’t have the mold to that shell— and if it was a ‘68 DAE, itd have the black smile. Very cool. i could do 68 circuit in there. the Board mounts are a tad misspaced but it can still be made to work. But that’s a great find!

DBBlues likes this.
  12. biffoz

biffoz Member

Hey man, Death Metal's fine by me! Where are those hellspawn demons when you need vocals?! Really showing off the qualities with each clip . . . SuperFuzz still calls to me!

shikawkee and JVJ like this.
  13. Pedal Dan

Pedal Dan The Island of Misfit Pedals

Notice the radiused edge of the case, the narrow raised jack tower, the hammertone and black font... all 68-69 Arbiter.

It also has the 3rd boss cast on the inside.

Everything else is 90’s Dunlop, including the label.

The circuit board spacing never changed, as the newer boards drop in.

DBBlues, krz4fx, johnetone and 2 others like this.
  14. JVJ

JVJ Member

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. It is greatly appreciated.

And I guess it was about time for me to start contributing with some material to this thread myself, as I've been following it for years and enjoyed everyone else's clips along the way. It has been an expensive but rewarding ride. :)

AXXA, biffoz, krz4fx and 2 others like this.
  15. PurpleJesus

PurpleJesus Internet Moderator/Super Hero Staff Member Supporting Member

Dude you’ve been complaining for weeks now across three different threads. PM Mike, or try emailing again. This constant public whining about how long it’s taking AM to build your Sunface is getting old to read. I ordered a Sunlion before you did your Sunface. I haven’t gotten it. Have you read a single peep about it from me, other than to say how excited I am to get it? No. And why? Bc I understand they’re busy and I’m gonna get it once Mike and crew get to that line of production. Just take a deep breath and chill out man.

16. Empros

Empros Member

Great clips! Now that you've started contributing, you better not stop! Keep 'em coming.
    :beer

biffoz, krz4fx, JVJ and 2 others like this.
  17. Phineas Ball

Phineas Ball Fuzz Silver Supporting Member

What he said!

:aok :phones :dude

AXXA, JVJ, johnetone and 2 others like this.
  18. krz4fx

krz4fx When too many really is TOO many... Gold Supporting Member

What they said!!!:BluesBros

AXXA, JVJ and johnetone like this.
  19. Phineas Ball

Phineas Ball Fuzz Silver Supporting Member

Hey, here's a clip of the Gold Bender in action, from last Friday's night's jam. I love this thing. From snappy to full roar it just sounds great.

For the cognoscenti, this is an R7 -> Gold Bender -> reVolver -> Panther Cub (with an envelope filter in the fx loop) -> Infinity Looper -> Twin Reverb.

wrightdude, AXXA, joevacc and 9 others like this.
  20. Echoplexi

Echoplexi Silver Supporting Member

Love it!

AXXA and JVJ like this.