1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Strictly FUZZ

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by chrismellotron, May 30, 2013.

1. johnetone

johnetone Supporting Member

Thanks @dpark89! Yeah the SW is pretty magical. And good ear on catching the Voyager in action! Wow, I love that thing. Who knew that tremolo could be so addictive?

Have you heard much about the kind of new-agey woo-woo discussion about binaural beats and brainwave entrainment? Well, I was reading that binaural beats are not actually the best at shifting brainwaves but that "Isochronic" tones are. What's an Isochronic Tone you might ask? Well, it's basically what you get when you set a tremolo to square wave at maximum intensity. It is a choppy tone, and it is not created by the brain (as binaural beats are).

So as a student of Sound Healing, I decided last year that I needed to start using tremolo in my work. But I wasn't satisfied with the Tremolo in my Bandmaster (which is what I'm using in this recording along with the Tone Tubby 4x10") as the cable that connects to the amp breaks frequently. And it doesn't really chop hard enough even at maximum intensity. It does sound cool though. So I'm hoping to someday mod the jack to a standard 1/4" instead of the RCA connector that's back there now.

Anyhow, I've noticed through trial and study that Tremolo does indeed have an interesting effect on at least my own consciousness. And I am finding great joy in chopping the **** out of whatever I can send through it! I am a huge lover of Reverb before Tremolo as it has that kind of side-chain techno thing going. And then with MF104M and Shallow Water past it, I'm getting some pretty amazing textures.

The SG Classic with the P90s, some year old Thomastik Power Brights and the Saturn V are what make that thick tone through it all. I need to change the strings soon. But I kinda don't want to. Oh and I am recording just into an iPhone 7 sitting on the floor in front of the amp. I've been completely impressed with the voice recorder in that since I've gotten it. 'Tis a Fantastic Beast of a rig indeed!

Davin Kuntze, DBBlues, JVJ and 7 others like this.
  2. splatt

splatt david torn / splattercell Gold Supporting Member

page 1333, here.
    there are a few much longer threads than this one, even so.

DBBlues, Peps and shikawkee like this.
  3. stephen sawall

stephen sawall Member

4. DaveLizmi

DaveLizmi Member

DBBlues likes this.
  5. joevacc

joevacc Supporting Member

Because you are able to define how many reply’s per page one sees.

6. calfzilla

calfzilla Cynical Hack Silver Supporting Member

DBBlues, Phineas Ball and DaveLizmi like this.
  7. DaveLizmi

DaveLizmi Member

Ahhhhhhhhhhh...... of course! DOH

DBBlues, Phineas Ball and splatt like this.
  8. wrightdude

wrightdude Supporting Member

All the recent Duplex talk... broke it out last night and tried with 8 string... nasty! Maybe a clip this w/e.... :)

DBBlues, JVJ, AXXA and 7 others like this.
  9. johnetone

I just set mine to 100 posts per page, and now Strictly Fuzz is just a wee 400 page thread! LOL:D

10. DaveLizmi

DaveLizmi Member

...well, 160,000 more posts for you to get to Pg 2000 now :) ...and 20,000 more for @splatt , since he's set to 30 per page.
    It's like a time machine :D
    I'm kinda diggin' on @splatt 's 1333, leaving 666 pages before The End Of The World. Seems fitting. Changing mine to 30. :Devil :aok

DBBlues, JVJ, splatt and 1 other person like this.
  11. Johnny Fuzz

Johnny Fuzz Member

I want to GAS for a cool, new fuzz pedal, but no one’s releasing anything interesting. Gimme sum.

DBBlues likes this.
  12. DaveLizmi

DaveLizmi Member

Caroline Hawaiian Pizza ...perhaps?

DBBlues likes this.
  13. anxiousmofo

anxiousmofo Member

The Rainger FX Dr. Freakenstein Chop looks pretty darn interesting, but the price point isn't that great, IMO.

DBBlues, Peps and johnetone like this.
  14. Seance

Seance Member

It's fun. Slow sweeps fed into delay with long trails is funner.

15. Johnny Fuzz

Johnny Fuzz Member

Sorry, but no. Just don’t feel ’em. But I gotsta feel the fuzz!

DBBlues likes this.
  16. johnetone

Why don't you get someone to make you a Sputnik II clone? @coltonius does em. Also Steve @ Demedash Effects does too.

17. Johnny Fuzz

Johnny Fuzz Member

Because I would just buy the real thing if I wanted it. For some weird reason I’m not into Spaceman fuzzes, even though I loooove some of their other pedals. And I’m becoming harder and harder to please. I’ve had so many fuzzes, it’s just tougher to find one to GAS on. I’m spoiled and ingrateful.

DBBlues and johnetone like this.
  18. johnetone

Have you tried a Truly Beautiful Disaster? Or any Devi Ever stuff? TBD has a loop and an optical thingy. It’s weird and fun. Especially with another fuzz in the loop.

DBBlues, shikawkee and coltonius like this.
  19. johnetone

Btw I went down to 30 posts per page because 100 was ridiculous!

DBBlues, shikawkee and DaveLizmi like this.
  20. coltonius

coltonius Señor Member Silver Supporting Member

The Beautiful Disaster is a fun/weird fuzz for sure, so is the Recovery FX Bad Comrade. Holy insanity, Batman!

DBBlues, Peps and johnetone like this.