Strictly FUZZ

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by chrismellotron, May 30, 2013.

1. ibzprestige

ibzprestige Supporting Member

It can get fizzy yes, but the scoop control can easily dial that out, its the first fuzz I have actually sat with and played for a long period of time and enjoyed every minute of it, despite it being a little noisy! If you’re a fan of the FuManchu tone it nails that, with the fuzz down it gets some really cool spitty cutting out tones too, the octave sounds are great as well!

DBBlues, Peps, AXXA and 3 others like this.
  2. tedm

tedm Gold Supporting Member

My Chase tone rv 68 sounds great, and has some controls not found on standard fuzz faces. I think this transistor might be Eric Johnson's favorite after his years of seeking out old nkts, etc.

DBBlues, Peps and Lauri Vennonen like this.
  3. PlexiFuzz

PlexiFuzz I know karate. Voodoo, too. Silver Supporting Member

Been thinking about a Dizzy Tone lately.

Saw this one after a few whiskeys last night, and once I saw the color ... let's just say, "the power of @chankgeez compelled me."

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  4. johnetone

johnetone Member

Same. It's ridiculous when I start thinking about what I would do if I were playing a gig somewhere this week.

I know that I need to have like a 24" or at most 36" board ready to go. But I'm at like 48" + right now and thinking about having a flat board for my wah and a couple pre-wah fuzzes off to the right of my 2x24" boards.

Edit: :bonk

JVJ, DBBlues, Phineas Ball and 6 others like this.
  5. songtalk

songtalk Member

Woooooah. You got a good one for sure!!!! Can't wait to hear it/your thoughts. That's just hawt to the max.

My Behan Supa Mk.1 remains one of my all time favorite fuzzes. Completely smiling from ear to ear when I kick that one on every time!

DBBlues, splatt, Peps and 5 others like this.
  6. PlexiFuzz

Yeah, he does really excellent work.

This will be the 4th pedal I've bought from Jimmy (Mk1, MkII, and Bee Baa were the others). Can't say a negative thing about any of them.

DBBlues, splatt, Peps and 4 others like this.
  7. Seance

Seance Member

@chankgeez is like the one-eyed, one-horned, flying, purple pedal-eater.
    The extent of his purple power (especially over fuzz pedals) is staggering.

(edit: also.....

)

JVJ, DBBlues, Phineas Ball and 6 others like this.
  8. Vash33

Vash33 Supporting Member

New fuzzy friends in the house. The bc182/183 Sunface is wicked awesome. One of the few fuzz faces that doesn’t need a cooking amp!

JVJ, wrightdude, DBBlues and 13 others like this.
  9. urQuill

urQuill Supporting Member

Would love to try that version of the Sunface. I have a Goldbender, too ~ it’s one of my favourites, ever. Beautiful conplex interesting sounds.

10. Vash33

Vash33 Supporting Member

I was extremely surprised. I kind of impulse bought it since it was such a good deal. Figured it’d be an immediate flip though. I just haven’t had luck with any Sunface models or really any fuzz face I’m general for that matter. Mainly due to my rig being super loud clean headroom amps. Most of them always needed a little something extra cooking on the amp to sound good. I’m sure this one would sound better with a little dirt on the amp but it sounds ridiculously good into a clean one too. Has a lot more sizzle on the top end than most silicon Fuzz face types.

DBBlues, Lauri Vennonen, Peps and 4 others like this.
  11. 59Vampire

59Vampire Silver Supporting Member

Is it pathetic that I am quoting myself? LOL Regardless, I just ordered the Zombie Vox from Brent Garrett at Olde 303 Music in Indiana. He was awesome to deal with and took great care of me. It seems as if he may be the exclusive dealer for the products made by this manufacturer and his reverb page/web site lists quite a few.

Cant wait to get this pedal and my g-d was it inexpensive! cant wait to see how it messes with a miko and some delay.

JVJ, DBBlues, Lauri Vennonen and 5 others like this.
  12. kinvhs

kinvhs Member

Regulus 8 provoked by middle pickup of Airline H78 into Shallow Waters into Flashback into (sorry) UAD 55 Deluxe.
    Layered with a Tele contraption into two instances of AlterBoy octave downs into a WTF fuzz.
    I am not even a decent guitar player but a theater music composer abusing guitars more and more. I am so thankful to this thread for these wonderful new instruments of Fuzz and since I use pedals also to play pianos, synths and other instruments through them, I have a serious question. I reamp line signals from computer Line Out through a Radial X-Amp reamp box. But I suspect the Fuzzes don't see the signal as if coming from guitar (impedance/load/wtf, i don't understand that ****). Fuzzes become shriller and thiner, somehow. Is this reamp box working as an undesirable buffer? What can I do?

JVJ, DBBlues, StratmanSteve and 14 others like this.
  13. wrightdude

wrightdude Supporting Member

Thanks folks! I really like fuzzes that make ya want to change playing style to match the timbre...! Or adjust yur playing to the mayhem... Low Volt scores on both counts! :)

Thanks!

Low Volt clean up is similar to Si Bye Bias... neither clean up as nice as Ge Bye Bias... but then the Ge Bye Bias doesnt get near as whacked! ;)

JVJ, DBBlues, Spirithunter and 9 others like this.
  14. chankgeez

chankgeez Member

Totally approve! :D

Was eyein' that one. :love:

:clips

JVJ, DBBlues, Seance and 5 others like this.
  15. PlexiFuzz

It will go nicely with my purple amp, matching purple 2x12 cabinet, and purple coily cable.

It's all matchy matchy up in here.

DBBlues, XeMeme, johnetone and 6 others like this.
  16. friend33

friend33 Silver Supporting Member

Lysis arrived today and began the infection. Here's a crude/quick iphone clip-from-the-hip:

JVJ, urQuill, DBBlues and 15 others like this.
  17. Laservampire

Laservampire Member

[​IMG]

SonicVI MkII has arrived! Hope border security had fun with it, haha.

DBBlues, Peps, StratmanSteve and 11 others like this.
  18. fitzo

fitzo Greybeard Silver Supporting Member

Did you use an expression pedal in there? Very cool clip. I will have to look for that mañana.
    Great range available in this beast. Twist the dials a bit different and it gets really percussive. It will provide for a whole boatload of experimentation and creativity. I love low octave fuzzes! My only wish so far would be for a socket to plug in a remote Warp switch.
    Appreciate the clip. Very cool pedal.

19. Lauri Vennonen

Lauri Vennonen Member

I quote myself all the time.

Great music! Glad to hear fuzz opens new doors for you. Yes, fuzz pedals work best when the the guitar is plugged straight into them.

JVJ, DBBlues, kinvhs and 1 other person like this.
  20. Laservampire

Laservampire Member

Aaaaaaand the SonicVI is DOA. Great.

shikawkee likes this.