Strictly FUZZ

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by chrismellotron, May 30, 2013.

1. duality

duality Supporting Member

i am in the midst of negotiating for a premium quality sam ash fuzzstainer clone

I am excite

forgot to mention i picked up a creepy fingers FY-2 last night at a great price as well

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    DaveLizmi, mulekicker, Peps and 6 others like this.
  2. urQuill

urQuill Supporting Member

Well ... if ever you are feeling uncertain, just post a clip of something and as long as I’m around I’ll celebrate it. They always seem to work for me!

biffoz, DBBlues and shikawkee like this.
  3. XeMeme

XeMeme Silver Supporting Member

Finally snagged a Jext Telez Dizzy Tone OC44YJ online tonight. The NKT is on the board but the OC44YJ was the one I wanted originally.

I really want to try the original and v5 too... but that is a lot of money to drop on different variations of the same pedal by the same company.

Vash33, triviani, Peps and 9 others like this.
  4. cbm

cbm Silver Supporting Member

I have the v5, "Triple Black," and I've played one of the larger wedge versions, but I'm not sure what transistors were in the wedge.

Unless you're really chasing minutia, I think any of them would be great. (not that there's anything wrong with chasing minutia)

This fuzz is like a steam roller, and when it's bearing down on you, I doubt you'll care all that much about whether it's ten feet tall or eleven feet tall (or painted yellow or red.) I bet any of them would work just fine, at least for guitar. They talk about the v5 being better for bass.

XeMeme, anxiousmofo, friend33 and 4 others like this.
  5. Lauri Vennonen

Lauri Vennonen Member

Thanks, very nice to hear that. The "theme" was a prerecorded loop in my Line6 DL4 played in reverse that I occasionally speed up to doublespeed, I think you meant those. I improvised on top of the loop. Both the loop and the lead had the fuzz mutant on.

JVJ, Peps, Flatscan and 3 others like this.
  6. Phineas Ball

Phineas Ball Fuzz Silver Supporting Member

Sounds great, Ed!

Ted, your review is spot on.

urQuill, Peps, Lauri Vennonen and 3 others like this.
  7. shikawkee

shikawkee The One True King Gold Supporting Member

Thanks brudda'!

Lauri Vennonen and DBBlues like this.
  8. DBBlues

DBBlues Formerly fullertone Silver Supporting Member

Thank you, your words mean a lot to me.

Peps, urQuill, songtalk and 3 others like this.
  9. jimijimmyjeffy

jimijimmyjeffy Member

I could tell on your prog tune you had a sense for drums. It's great because when one composes or improvises the rhythm is often part of it, and one sometimes can't communicate the piece of music otherwise.

Your prog tune nailed some tonal themes of the genre, with a nod to the early Mahavishnu/Beatles style arpeggiating. Fun stuff. Cut my teeth on that genre back in the day before the 80's temporarily ruined popular electric music for me. You helped me revisit those days lol.

Don't mean to derail this amazing thread, just to celebrate the lovely music members post here.

JVJ, Peps, biffoz and 6 others like this.
  10. wrightdude

wrightdude Supporting Member

Yes... amazingly creative stuff posted from all corners...!

If youre into prog, check out my former band Temporal Chaos Project. "Former" cause the singer, sadly, passed away last year... :( (or was it the year before? I dunno? what is "time" anyway...)

This backing is one of my compositions and Henry (the singer) wrote all lyrics and vocal melodies... Fuzz is Tornita (oscillating in places... ;) )

JVJ, DaveLizmi, Pano-dilzapp and 24 others like this.
  11. jimijimmyjeffy

jimijimmyjeffy Member

Enjoyed. So sorry to hear about your bud. Enjoyed his singing, kinda masculine in the Marillion flavor a bit. Glad yer puttin that Tornita to good use. Otherwise I'd try to talk you out of it lol. Nice oscillation at the end.

johnetone, DBBlues and wrightdude like this.
  12. biffoz

biffoz Member

Awesome. Sick playing. Even hearing a little Van Der Graff Generator in a few spots! RIP Henry. 8-(

13. wrightdude

wrightdude Supporting Member

Thanks man... yeah, my chops were in much better shape when I was doing all the TCP work...! Need to do some old fashioned practicing!

Yeah... miss Henry dearly...!

Fuzz on!

JVJ, DaveLizmi, biffoz and 9 others like this.
  14. tedm

tedm Gold Supporting Member

Settings were fuzz on full, other settings minimizing synth effects, with a bit of vibrato:

JVJ, wrightdude, Peps and 4 others like this.
  15. triviani

triviani Silver Supporting Member

Nice! Let us know the differences with the Nkt. I’ve played the first version in big and smaller enclosures, and an oc44 that was a later v8. The v8 had a bit too much gain for my vintage fuzz liking. I prefer the first version in the big box (more sag than the smaller enclosure), such a mean fuzz, love it. But I’ve wanted to try the oc44yj for a long time! Contact me if you ever want to let it go..

XeMeme, Peps and DBBlues like this.
  16. JosephZdyrski

JosephZdyrski Member

I made a low budget fuzz VLOG.... I only have 3 fuzz pedals so I condensed the 3 into the first episode and as I get a new fuzz I’ll make another one.

In the first one look at (basically just Noodle around with)...the:

-Joyo Voodoo Octave
    -Way Huge Swollen Pickle
    - Devi Ever Hyperion

Now originally I had done some jams with the fuzzes for the VLOG too but including all the good material I ended up with would’ve made the video super long. So I used that to make another video. So if you like Jam Band style stuff check this one out. I use the Voodoo Octave in the first Jam and the second one I use the Hyperion and was really feeling that last solo and it’s a great example of how awesome the Hyperion can sound.

JVJ, wrightdude, DBBlues and 2 others like this.
  17. Laservampire

Laservampire Member

18. chankgeez

chankgeez Member

19. shikawkee

shikawkee The One True King Gold Supporting Member

This just arrived yesterday. Just had enough time this morning before getting on a plane to London today. It's pretty great. Serial number 1 of 10 made (I think Spruce Effects has one left):

JVJ, Pano-dilzapp, chv and 12 others like this.
  20. Peps

Peps Fuzzonaut Gold Supporting Member

That's the one I asked about in my last post. How fuzzy does it get? And if it's not too much to ask, how would you describe the fuzz? Have a nice flight, Ed!

<Edited to add that the last one sold while I was adding it to the cart. That sucks. >