Strictly FUZZ

splatt

david torn / splattercell
Platinum Supporting Member
Still noodling with Eldritch Blast. With Arturia MicroBrute synth into it, it all becomes so interactive with sweet spots of the mod controls on the synth.
Also Les Paul into it with very low gain and just a bit of octave. Gets very gated. Definitely a dominant fuzz in all aspects.

killer fuzz, right? really a special one!

killer tracks, too, mitya.

Lung Plunger

Special thanks and shout out to @Peps for hooking me up with the De Sade v2. This thing is awesome. I've read all about how great it is in here and yeh, it's fuvkin' great. The hi-cut on it has totally made it work great with my Vox, where a few fuzzes just had too much high end with the top boost. It rips, spits, roars, all that. So good, damn.

kinvhs

killer fuzz, right? really a special one!

killer tracks, too, mitya.

Thank you. Means so much to me! If I wouldn't hear you play it, I'd never buy it. Available demos don't do it justice.
I just don't understand the eq bypass footswitch. I may rewire it so that Splat is on footswitch and eq bypass on toggle. Maybe. I also don't understand how weak it becomes with a pick. Looses girth and attack. Flesh, not even nails, makes it sing. The gain control ccw makes it thiner and shorter but also more brutal. It's full of paradox, I love it!

kinvhs

Special thanks and shout out to @Peps for hooking me up with the De Sade v2. This thing is awesome. I've read all about how great it is in here and yeh, it's fuvkin' great. The hi-cut on it has totally made it work great with my Vox, where a few fuzzes just had too much high end with the top boost. It rips, spits, roars, all that. So good, damn.

Is the hi-cut on De Sade V2 a simple post dirt?

DaveLizmi

Still noodling with Eldritch Blast. With Arturia MicroBrute synth into it, it all becomes so interactive with sweet spots of the mod controls on the synth.
Also Les Paul into it with very low gain and just a bit of octave. Gets very gated. Definitely a dominant fuzz in all aspects.

BEAST of a pedal...definitely an Alpha fuzz....but it’s feminine side can be coaxed out of it with the right mindset :beer :aok

urQuill

g.f.a.
Silver Supporting Member
Hey guys...and girls. I am looking for a killer Buzzaround for under 3 bills. Any suggestions?

Basic Audio makes a Buzzaround, all Ge transistors, it’s absolutely fantastic - he calls it the Buzzin’ Sound. It’s got a huge range and it’s all useful. Equally good with humbuckers and single coils. Pretty sure it’s within your price range - and man, I think three bills is lots, should be able to find a great one for that.

I’d also look at Bad Pixel - I think he sometimes makes a Buzzaround, too - great sounding fuzzes from BP and extremely beautiful as well.

Reverend Paul

Basic Audio makes a Buzzaround, all Ge transistors, it’s absolutely fantastic - he calls it the Buzzin’ Sound. It’s got a huge range and it’s all useful. Equally good with humbuckers and single coils. Pretty sure it’s within your price range - and man, I think three bills is lots, should be able to find a great one for that.

I’d also look at Bad Pixel - I think he sometimes makes a Buzzaround, too - great sounding fuzzes from BP and extremely beautiful as well.
I agree 300.00 is a lot but it seems all the really good ones are between 2 and 3 hundred. Thanks for the recs. I will be looking in to these.

urQuill

g.f.a.
Silver Supporting Member
I agree 300.00 is a lot but it seems all the really good ones are between 2 and 3 hundred. Thanks for the recs. I will be looking in to these.

@pickdropper sometimes makes a mini Buzzaround that I think is called the Hive ... it doesn’t seem possible, it’s quite a few parts and in one of those really tiny enclosures ... kind of a magic trick. Great reviews of the sounds. There’s a vendor thread on the pickdropper mini pedals ~ probably the tag isn’t helpful as it probably can’t be talked about here

Anyway these are the three I’d love to have.

pickdropper

I am Soldering Iron Man
Vendor
@pickdropper sometimes makes a mini Buzzaround that I think is called the Hive ... it doesn’t seem possible, it’s quite a few parts and in one of those really tiny enclosures ... kind of a magic trick. Great reviews of the sounds. There’s a vendor thread on the pickdropper mini pedals ~ probably the tag isn’t helpful as it probably can’t be talked about here

Anyway these are the three I’d love to have.

Yeah, the Hive Mind. It's a mini Buzzaround with the addition of a volume and a bias control. It also has a voltage inverter so it can still have PNP Ge transistors but use a standard center negative 9V supply. I can post a photo of the inside of it here if anybody wants to see it.

pickdropper

I am Soldering Iron Man
Vendor
OK, here's a pic of the inside of one for reference. If this doesn't belong in the thread, let me know and I'll take it down. The PCB is not really all that dense with parts. I've done way worse in a mini.

qJbIW9s.jpg

johnetone

Silver Supporting Member
Hey guys...and girls. I am looking for a killer Buzzaround for under 3 bills. Any suggestions?

I've heard good things about the Monsterpiece Angry Dick v.2, you may want to add it to your short list.

Edit: Angry Dick is Bosstone NOT Buzzaround!!! Thanks @lonelylooper for correction! <3

OK, here's a pic of the inside of one for reference. If this doesn't belong in the thread, let me know and I'll take it down. The PCB is not really all that dense with parts. I've done way worse in a mini.

qJbIW9s.jpg

All your fuzzgutz belongz to this channel meow! <3

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom