Strictly FUZZ

cbm

Silver Supporting Member
I have had a couple Basic Audio fuzzes on loan for way longer than I should have. Life kept getting in my way, but I found time to spend a little more time with them before they went back, so here are three relatively short (for me) tracks:

First up is the EF-ZEE-ONE, in a fairly straight ahead setting —

Next, one with the Messenger —

And finally, a joke EF-ZEE-ONE track —

songtalk

For some reason I'm really into Supa MKI's right now. Love that vocal midrange and mega-squish. All three of these are fantastic. The Creepy Fingers was my only black friday purchase. \m/

Dude, I swear it is because the temperature just dropped everywhere and now the Supa Mk.1s are starting to sound better than the Mk.1s. It happened at my house too. I'm back on the Behan and the Basic Audio Supa like all the time.

Lung plunger

Dude, I swear it is because the temperature just dropped everywhere and now the Supa Mk.1s are starting to sound better than the Mk.1s. It happened at my house too. I'm back on the Behan and the Basic Audio Supa like all the time.
Definitely. I've been tweaking the bias on my B.E.C. mk1.5.

Out of curiosity, how long did it take to get your Behan? Anything extra you have to do with customs or anything?

songtalk

Definitely. I've been tweaking the bias on my B.E.C. mk1.5.

Out of curiosity, how long did it take to get your Behan? Anything extra you have to do with customs or anything?
I think from order time to reception it may have been 3 weeks or so my wife ordered it for me for my birthday so I couldn't tell you for sure but I know it wasn't a long time. She told him I liked them quote on quote nasty and asked him to put a bias knob on it as per my usual preference which she was a tuned to. It is absolutely one of the best fuzzes I've ever played in my life.

Lung plunger

I think from order time to reception it may have been 3 weeks or so my wife ordered it for me for my birthday so I couldn't tell you for sure but I know it wasn't a long time. She told him I liked them quote on quote nasty and asked him to put a bias knob on it as per my usual preference which she was a tuned to. It is absolutely one of the best fuzzes I've ever played in my life.
That's awesome. My bday is coming up, and I think I'll drop massive hints to get my girl to do the same. I'm sure it'll be a go considering Jimmy has cats all over the Super Electric page. She loves cats, and Ireland to... ha.

adamajah

Silver Supporting Member
Dood.

I've been contemplating the possibility of that because all three are sounding especially good in this weather.

Time to invest in a pedal fridge.

Lung plunger

The Unidrive that I bought from Jimmy came very quickly (less than 2 weeks from memory). It had no customs obligations.

There was a signature requirement (which is fine).
Awesome. How do you use the unidrive? Boost into saturation, or can it be used as a tone sweetener?

Flatscan

Silver Supporting Member
I actually sold it even though I very much liked it. I used my Empress ParaEQ to emulate its EQ and then set its boost to taste.

Appreciating that the Uni is largely a cleanish boost, the key elements of the tone are preserved sans the noise (the Uni is not quiet).

All of the applications that you describe are worthwhile. I tend not to stack and most always run a warm (not hot) amp. If you're interested I can share a picture of my EQ match.

fitzo

Greybeard
Silver Supporting Member
All this Supa talk has me singing my praises of the BA Supa Tweak. That midrange honk is pretty dang amazing and blistering at full gain.
@biffoz Does that Supa Tweak you offered a clip of have one or two toggles? I'm getting confused . :)

Supa Tweak, Right Fuzz, and Foxton are at the top of my list. That said, I took advantage of the Coast Sonic Black Friday sale and picked up two that were further down my BA list, a Tri-Ram and a Gnarly. Haven't got the Gnarly yet, but the Tri-Ram is cool old school tones and perhaps the loudest danged fuzz I own, even amongst my BA collection.

Happy Fuzzing to all with your new apres-turkey acquisitions!

songtalk

I have a Pirk that should be here soon! Got a raw gnarly green rusted burned down shack faceplate. All the clips convinced me plus self oscillation!

I'm super stoked on it. I also snagged a really solid deal on a Basic Audio Superfuzz which I'm very excited to try! Everyone seems to love em!

Trending Topics