Strictly FUZZ

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by chrismellotron, May 30, 2013.

1. chrismellotron

chrismellotron Member

I've done that exact combo. Yes it is FUZZ bliss.

AXXA and chankgeez like this.
  2. chrismellotron

chrismellotron Member

I've got way more Tele recommendations here than I ever did in the Guitars In General forum, which was a big goose egg. I want that Tele because I'm really hankering to get that Spaghetti Western twang and FUZZ. The Tele has everything to do with FUZZ n Twang for me. Plus, the impeccable intonation I keep hearing about. I really want that "plank of wood with a neck" design. I've played a few and always loved the neck and natural tone just going straight into a Twin, slathered in 'verb. The ones I've played had chunky necks, which I prefer over thin ones. Thinking about the butterscotch/maple neck ones, but I like rosewood necks and jumbo frets. Thanks for the replies.

kinvhs, AXXA, friend33 and 7 others like this.
  3. Bluesful

Bluesful Supporting Member

Anyone happen to know what fuzz is being used by the lead guitarist here?

4. fishleehooker

fishleehooker Supporting Member

Any tele is great. I am a doublebound tele admirer and owner (this one has a very very sweet top end....sounds glorious)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Byknfool

Byknfool Member

I love my reverends

https://www.reverendguitars.com/guitars/trickshot

6. johnetone

johnetone Member

I’ve heard great things about this T Style instrument.

VooDooClown, Gilky, friend33 and 8 others like this.
  7. johnetone

johnetone Member

I also find the Suhr Andy Wood Sig Model to be highly titillating.

VooDooClown likes this.
  8. Lauri Vennonen

Lauri Vennonen Member

K-Line makes great uber-Teles and the Texola is an amazing Telemaster. My drummer friend owns a Nash Tele and that is pretty perfect too. But if nitro finish and other boutique things are not necessary a mexican Fenders are worth a look.

chankgeez likes this.
  9. Kevy_Metal

Kevy_Metal Member

Ever since I replaced the neck on my Lite Ash Tele, it’s kind of become one of my favourites to play considering I’ve been using the same Strat since ‘96. Never thought another guitar would compete for my attention, but this Tele has proved me wrong. That guitar into my Union Tube & Transistor Tour Bender is the perfect match.

AXXA and chankgeez like this.
  10. Screwball

Screwball Member

I also want to get a Tele. I’m thinking a fender performer might do for now. I’m always unable to decide between getting an ergonomic “shredder” capable guitar or “vintage inspired” guitar..

11. BearBryan

BearBryan Member

The only thing I could find is that Craig Ross is listed on the Foxrox artist page as a user of a "custom built fuzz". Maybe someone at Foxrox could give you some info if you email them?

12. johnetone

johnetone Member

@Dave Fox you got any current info on this? <3

BearBryan likes this.
  13. Scott SG

Scott SG Member

i'm joining the club - got an Analogman Astrotone coming in the mail soon!

14. SoaringTortoise

SoaringTortoise Member

Had to fix a little issue with the spring reverb on my cousin Snakedog's Danelectro DM25 amplifier. I made this video to show him it is all better now.

Not a telecaster into homemade fuzz face and wah with generous amp reverb and moderate amp tremolo.

15. AXXA

AXXA Supporting Member

That was badass @SoaringTortoise! I wouldn’t wanna mess with with someone named Snakedog

16. basicaudio

basicaudio Member

That tremolo working overtime's no slouch either. Nice vibe there!

17. Bluesful

Bluesful Supporting Member

Thanks mate.

I dig the tone in that clip. Just stumbled on it by accident.

That clip is 20 years old though, so I don't know if those pedals were around back then.

18. fitzo

fitzo Greybeard Silver Supporting Member

@splatt I ran across a collab album on Bandcamp you made back in 1978 with Drew Schlesinger titled Summer Synthesis 1978, which I added to my Torn collection. That's the earliest recording I have found of you. Do you have releases prior to that?

Fuzz content - the clip "Colors of My South Away" which you posted in the MkIV thread earlier today had a section that started at ca 2:10 and sounds so "fretless-y" to me for a bit that I was just blown away. That Sunbender MKIV became instantly interesting. Thanks for sharing.

19. splatt

splatt david torn / splattercell Gold Supporting Member

thanks!
    that synth record was fun to make, though the Avatar wasn't fully ready-for-primetime, lol; it started out as a "session" with a fan/stranger, and quickly became both a full-tilt collaboration & a lifelong friendship.

yeah, there were a few records in the '70's..... and a record of an off-broadway show in which i played c. 1965-'66? lol, damn.
    maybe some of these things are better left where they lay!

but the zobo funn band album was almost good, though we got saddled, shoed, reined-in & buggy-whipped by the wrong producer..... that was probably '77, i think. i have the vinyl somewhere, but i'm not sure if it's here in North America or elsewhere, lol.