Strictly FUZZ

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by chrismellotron, May 30, 2013.

1. fitzo

fitzo Greybeard Silver Supporting Member

Thanks for the info!
    Amazon actually has The Zobo Funn Band “Live At The Haunt”! ca1980. Are you playing that gig, @splatt ?

2. splatt

splatt david torn / splattercell Gold Supporting Member

yeah, that was our very last gig.
    it was my band..... i mean, our band. it was the 3rd version of the band that began when i was 14. the 3rd time, it lasted 6 yrs. big fanbase. many record company dealings & offers.
    yeah, i usually overplayed, and sped up..... lol.

XeMeme, biffoz, Flatscan and 3 others like this.
  3. fitzo

Thanks, David. I will pick that up. It will give good perspective to hear another bit of your history/development.

biffoz likes this.
  4. splatt

splatt david torn / splattercell Gold Supporting Member

i just listened to that --- the last piece (one of mine) sounds like it was destroyed, and someone tried to re-constitute it: it burbles, goes underwater, almost returns: ha!

the first 2 Everyman Band releases (ECM, 1981 & 1983) are kind of interesting, imo, as is the Mark Nauseef record on CMP, "Sura" (1980). "best laid plans" (ECM, 1984) was laying future groundwork, but it was groundwork begun when geoff gordon & i were very, very young.

but, oh..... the crazy sessions i've done, whoa: maybe they kinda reflect being raised by children of diasporic immigrants w/pretty distinct personality disorders, god love them! yup. heart & lol.

VooDooClown, XeMeme, songtalk and 6 others like this.
  5. SoaringTortoise

SoaringTortoise Member

Nah,cousin Snakedog's a sweetheart. Cousin Stephanie is the one you don't want to cross.

Thanks for watching.

Thanks. That little DM25 has a nice trem but it can get overwhelmingly thumpy in a hurry. I only had the trem control cracked open a little bit.

6. TAVD

TAVD Guitar Player Gold Supporting Member

7. fitzo

Thanks, again, David. Didn't know about "Sura", but it just finished downloading. :)

splatt likes this.
  8. cosmic_ape

cosmic_ape Supporting Member

9. biffoz

biffoz Member

Lordy lordy, it's landlord torment time for my upstairs friends, lol. Fuzz Factory into Nonts and looping is Particle for the most part, with a little sneaky catch 'n grab with the DD500 in spots. Ai yi yi!

10. pickleweed

pickleweed Member

I'm sorry, I meant what configuration is your bat? Si,ge, fuzz face or mk 1.5.

I'm not sure which to try!

splatt likes this.
  11. kinvhs

kinvhs Member

I'm late to the party but Tele is my most commonly favouritest guitar. Mine was made and handwound by a local Costa Guitars with a baseball bat neck. Very high action and I can bang it. Also great with all fuzzes. My Les Paul i.e. is only great with a few fuzzes. But the greatest with fuzz for me is my goldfoil semi hollow H78. It has this 3D, almost acoustic quality by itself and it's character shows through whatever amount of fuzz. And I notice that also in David Torn's Foilbuckers. Makes me crave Ronin Foilbuckers. But on a baseball bat Tele. Would that work well?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020 at 6:29 PM
  12. songtalk

songtalk Member

I don't know but I want a baseball bat tele with foilbuckers too so how's about we both just go for it!? ;)

13. MadFrank

MadFrank Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

"Makes me crave Ronin Foilbuckers."

Whoa! And I thought throbak's were eye wateringly expensive.

No criticism though. They look very substantial pickups.

friend33, songtalk and kinvhs like this.
  14. kinvhs

kinvhs Member

Maybe we could join towards a quantity discount! They're not cheap and I'm just in the middle of moving my workshop/studio and money just runs out of my pocket on that. And due to the long overdue breakage of the old Colonial Ways, money doesn't flow into my pocket. But Foilbuckers are on my list right after a new window and loads of rockwool.

friend33 and songtalk like this.
  15. fishleehooker

fishleehooker Supporting Member

The one I have is the 108 transistor...I think...so I do want the next one to be germanium or different at least. I think I am going with a Mk1.5 type but am kinda sorting it myself. The correct answer in this case is: We can't go wrong...they are all gonna rule.

16. biffoz

biffoz Member

Captain Redundoh! back atcha with another lump o' noise. Tensor pitch toggle frenzy with Particle V2 looping and a bit of studio mag-ick for the ending.

kinvhs and friend33 like this.
  17. TAVD

TAVD Guitar Player Gold Supporting Member

I wouldn’t mind getting a few more myself.

18. analogmike

analogmike Gold Supporting Member Vendor

Listened to a bunch of tracks on youtube, fantastic!!!!! So funky and loose/tight.

friend33, splatt and Flatscan like this.
  19. chrismellotron

chrismellotron Member

Flatscan likes this.
  20. chrismellotron

chrismellotron Member

I don't know, but I like bigger necks. That Goldfoil sounds like a great guitar.

kinvhs likes this.