Strictly FUZZ

infiniteposse

I don't often share here as I'm more the lurking type, but I've got this Vox TB build incoming and thought folks here might enjoy a looksee at it. This is based on a variant of Vox TB that I've owned before that's a little unusual. Mine had a very full voice and wasn't super thin and aggressive. It stacked beautifully with other pedals. It sported a SFT363E & OC76.

I happened to speak to Charlie when he had one just like my old one in the shop and hopped in line for a replica he decided to do of the specimen he had in front of him. His pedals are worth a look if you're in the market for a beautifully constructed fuzz with the good stuff inside. Lovely looking guts. I look forward to checking it out once it makes it was to me in Portugal.

chankgeez

I don't often share here as I'm more the lurking type, but I've got this Vox TB build incoming and thought folks here might enjoy a looksee at it. This is based on a variant of Vox TB that I've owned before that's a little unusual. Mine had a very full voice and wasn't super thin and aggressive. It stacked beautifully with other pedals. It sported a SFT363E & OC76.

I happened to speak to Charlie when he had one just like my old one in the shop and hopped in line for a replica he decided to do of the specimen he had in front of him. His pedals are worth a look if you're in the market for a beautifully constructed fuzz with the good stuff inside. Lovely looking guts. I look forward to checking it out once it makes it was to me in Portugal.

Hope he's sending you that guitar with it! :love:

bundtcakehorn

Hooked up my El Guapo this afternoon for the first time in a bit and was reminded how that circuit makes me play a little different than I do with other fuzzes - little dude has some big range. Don't know if it's ever been popular around here, but it doesn't seem to get the love it so desires.
It was getting posted a lot here a few years ago. I bought one cuz of biffoz clips and others. Still using it as my main sound today haha

Flatscan

Silver Supporting Member
Whatever John wants to Tour will undoubtedly be met with great enthusiasm ;).

Texsur, Pirk, Messenger, Pep, Buzz Tone - I don't think there is a bad decision amongst his line.

Some silly early 70's fun below. Farner reaaaaallllyyy wants you to know that he's a dude apparently.

Last edited:

AXXA

Silver Supporting Member
Aside from the Texsur, still tryin' to gauge which pedals people might be interested for the tourbox before actually startin' a dedicated thread on the subject.

Is anyone here interested in this one?

Oscix?

Buzz Tone?

What? :munch
I’m interested in the Low Volt! And the Rite Fuzz, but that might be old news to everyone else? Definitely Texsur

CRWolf

Gold Supporting Member
I know some of what's been in previous boxes, but definitely don't know them all. For me, I'd be interested in any of:

Low Volt
Bye-Bias Ge
Ef Zee Won
Fuzz Right
Nonts
Kay

Really, I'd be into basically anything, but those are the ones I've been wanting to get to know.

kinvhs

Aside from the Texsur, still tryin' to gauge which pedals people might be interested for the tourbox before actually startin' a dedicated thread on the subject.

Is anyone here interested in this one?

Oscix?

Buzz Tone?

What? :munch
Texsur, Low Volt, Oscix and Ef Zee One. And Pirk, although I have it. Because more people should try it.
And John once mentioned the Fuzz War mkI type fuzz with 7 stages. That'd be interesting.

CRWolf

Gold Supporting Member
Any recs on a reverb that works before Ge fuzzes? Currently using a Dispatch Master, but it often doesn't play nice.

*I recognize this may be a futile endeavor.

AXXA

Silver Supporting Member
Any recs on a reverb that works before Ge fuzzes? Currently using a Dispatch Master, but it often doesn't play nice.

*I recognize this may be a futile endeavor.
It’s more about the Fuzz than the Reverb. Are you using a Fuzz Face? You probably know, but Muff types are easier in this regard. There are others of course

As others mentioned, @chankgeez I’d be totally into Ef Zee One and/or Kay! I hope I can be in on this one, Basic Audio tour boxes are the best

whateverdude

Silver Supporting Member
Yep, I always say turn it up as loud as you can stand, and then turn it up a little more. Also, darker fuzzes tend to sound great at home and at low volume, but sound like mud live. Brighter fuzzes tend to sound like crap at home and a low volume, but just right live. Lots of frequencies get eaten up by drums and bass.
This is the way.