Strictly FUZZ

CRWolf

Gold Supporting Member
It’s more about the Fuzz than the Reverb. Are you using a Fuzz Face? You probably know, but Muff types are easier in this regard. There are others of course

As others mentioned, @chankgeez I’d be totally into Ef Zee One and/or Kay! I hope I can be in on this one, Basic Audio tour boxes are the best
For sure. I've got plenty of reverb into muff experience. Didn't know if anybody had luck running something into germanium without getting spendy on an old DOD/Arion BBD reverb.

Purple_Plexi

For sure. I've got plenty of reverb into muff experience. Didn't know if anybody had luck running something into germanium without getting spendy on an old DOD/Arion BBD reverb.
But does it matter what the reverb is if it's the buffer messing with the buffer-sensitive fuzz?

AXXA

Silver Supporting Member
I think the problem is the low impedance signal from the Reverb making your Fuzz overly bright and splatty, if it’s a Fuzz Face type. BBD or digital won’t change that interaction. Hopefully you can find the right Fuzz/reverb combo

CRWolf

Gold Supporting Member
But does it matter what the reverb is if it's the buffer messing with the buffer-sensitive fuzz?
I think the problem is the low impedance signal from the Reverb making your Fuzz overly bright and splatty, if it’s a Fuzz Face type. BBD or digital won’t change that interaction. Hopefully you can find the right Fuzz/reverb combo
Maybe try an analog delay?
Appreciate the ideas folks. Started responding and then decided to go try again. Lo and behold, it's not doing it now. Earlier, I was getting a high-pitched whine. Tried a bunch of different settings; nothing now. So... yep.

FWIW, I don't believe the Dispatch Master has a buffer, so I had assumed it was it being digital that was the problem.

Purple_Plexi

The high-pitched whine is likely a power/isolation problem coming from a digital pedal.

FWIW, I don't believe the Dispatch Master has a buffer, so I had assumed it was it being digital that was the problem.
If you turn on a true bypass pedal you're turning on a buffer.

CRWolf

Gold Supporting Member
The high-pitched whine is likely a power/isolation problem coming from a digital pedal.

If you turn on a true bypass pedal you're turning on a buffer.
Very true. It was happening whether or not the DM was engaged and stopped when I took it out of the chain. Now, I'm worried I've got a problem elsewhere, so I'm going to try re-creating the problem tomorrow. Pretty safe to say I jumped the gun on looking for a new reverb. Any excuse for a new toy I guess.

Purple_Plexi

Very true. It was happening whether or not the DM was engaged and stopped when I took it out of the chain. Now, I'm worried I've got a problem elsewhere, so I'm going to try re-creating the problem tomorrow. Pretty safe to say I jumped the gun on looking for a new reverb. Any excuse for a new toy I guess.
PM'd you.

timsmcm

I was working on some jimI stuff today and pulled out an old fulltone 69 mkii. Stuck it in between the strat and the jtm45 combo loaded with celestion golds. Amp in standard channel up to 8, fuzz on 9, fuzz volume on 3 or 4, strat on front pickup, volume on 7. Holy shyt. Beautiful wind cries mary. I have never had a bigger, fatter, crystal clear, note blooming tone. I am in heaven. Wow. I will probably keep that on all the time now.

Reactions: JVJ

Phineas Ball

Fuzz
Gold Supporting Member
He does. The Nonts and the Buzzin' Sound. Both of which, I think've already been in tourboxes before.
The Nonts was deffo in an earlier tourbox. I didn't especially care for it, but even so I recorded one of the heavier tracks I've ever made with it. I sent the box onto Dr. Von Krammenstein, who, as I recall, instantly loved the Nonts and bought one before he'd even sent the box on to its next victim.

I for one would dig checking out the Pirk & Lo Volt (in addition to the Texur, of course).

This is the way.
That show is so. good. I gotta watch it again.

johnetone

Appreciate the ideas folks. Started responding and then decided to go try again. Lo and behold, it's not doing it now. Earlier, I was getting a high-pitched whine. Tried a bunch of different settings; nothing now. So... yep.

Another thing you can do is get a pickup simulator so you can feed the fuzz a better signal.