Strictly FUZZ

chankgeez

I feel like we're entering Being John Malkovich territory:

f98fc89a-5ef7-47e5-9fb3-473b80584faa_text.gif

FUZZ, FUZZ, FUZZ, FUZZ, FUZZ, FUZZ, FUZZ, FUZZ, FUZZ, FUZZ, FUZZ, FUZZ

ryanmcdermottguitar

Psychedelic Speed Freak
Silver Supporting Member
Collector Effectors Shattered Horn. First bit is must the Shattered Horn. Then I stack it with a Blackhawk Amplifiers Balrog set to medium gain.

Pat had really nailed it with this Zonk!

Please excuse the poor idiomatic playing. Wanted to showcase the Shattered Horn in something other than my noise and free
Improv work.

Last edited:

ryanmcdermottguitar

Psychedelic Speed Freak
Silver Supporting Member
Apologies for the much posting recently, but it's been a good week for fuzz! Taking this board into the studio next week to put some noises on my buddy's indie rock band's record. Also taking a box full of other stuff, but this is the go-to board.

Fuzzes are:
Seeker Zonk
C/E Song Machine
Purple Noise FX '66 Fuzz Face (Got some nice CV71115/NKT 210s in it.)

IMG-0220.jpg

Tabor

Silver Supporting Member
Apologies for the much posting recently, but it's been a good week for fuzz! Taking this board into the studio next week to put some noises on my buddy's indie rock band's record. Also taking a box full of other stuff, but this is the go-to board.

Fuzzes are:
Seeker Zonk
C/E Song Machine

IMG-0220.jpg

More than any of the super cool fuzzes the thing in this photo that speaks to me is Brian Olewnick’s book on Keith Rowe. I should really own a copy given that I’ve met and am a fan of both of theirs…

BearBryan

Silver Supporting Member

Fuzzes are:
Seeker Zonk
C/E Song Machine

IMG-0220.jpg
I wish Seeker could find a way to get top jacks on their big enclosure. I just can't squeeze it on my board so I'm holding out for an Acid Fuzz Zoink or Dandrive. The waitlists are long and the secondary market prices are delusional though so here I sit with my Kingtone Mini Fuzz in Zonk mode covering that purpose for now.

ryanmcdermottguitar

Psychedelic Speed Freak
Silver Supporting Member
I wish Seeker could find a way to get top jacks on their big enclosure. I just can't squeeze it on my board so I'm holding out for an Acid Fuzz Zoink or Dandrive. The waitlists are long and the secondary market prices are delusional though so here I sit with my Kingtone Mini Fuzz in Zonk mode covering that purpose for now.

I do generally prefer top jacks, but I dig the Seeker Zonk enough to make room!

ryanmcdermottguitar

Psychedelic Speed Freak
Silver Supporting Member
More than any of the super cool fuzzes the thing in this photo that speaks to me is Brian Olewnick’s book on Keith Rowe. I should really own a copy given that I’ve met and am a fan of both of theirs…

Keith is an absolute touchstone for my solo and free improv work along with Hans Reichel, Fred Frith and Erhard Hirt. The Olewnick book is fantastic. You gotta get it!

bgio

Silver Supporting Member

Fuzzes are:
Seeker Zonk
C/E Song Machine

IMG-0220.jpg

How do the Seeker and Song Machine compare?

ryanmcdermottguitar

Psychedelic Speed Freak
Silver Supporting Member
How do the Seeker and Song Machine compare?

The Seeker Zonk is a very classic sounding version. The Zonk on the Song Machine is similar, but a bit stringier if that makes sense. Still classic sounding though.

Of course the Song Machine also has the MKI mode, which is what I’m using it for in this application.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom