Strictly FUZZ

Zounds Perspex

Gold Supporting Member
Just dropping in to say pretty cool seeing a Blackstrap Zonk on Matt Sweeney's board in the new rig rundown.

Looks just like the Rangemaster I just got too - bros!

Q5vStTLl.jpeg

chankgeez

It is indeed purple. :knitting

I just played it for a few minutes. It's nice. :love: Builder says it's "inspired by those Roger Mayer fuzzes in the rocket ship enclosures" (not sure which one). Lots of variation for a two knobber. Not expensive, builder was good to work with (I also grabbed one of his modulation pedals), and (as you've noted) it's purple ( ;) ).

chankgeez

Unfortunately, most of my pedals're in storage in a state far away. :(

Aside from that Tulpa FX Ahool, I've also got a purple Basic Audio Dot, a purple Mountainking Electronics Megalith, a purple Dirty Haggard Audio Broken, a purple sparkle EQD Hizumitas, a purple Mid-Fi Electronics Psych Bike, a MSL Dizzy Tone w/ purple knobs, a purple BTMB American Triangle Fuzz, a purple Earthbound Audio Centurion, a MAExEAE Eldritch Blast w/ purple knobs, a Lefa Pedals Purpura w/ purple knobs and a purple A.D.D. Transformations.

(Also got a purple ARC Effects Shepherd on loan fr. @Dandolin )

:knitting

Whoa, that's way more than I thought! :spit

magnus02

Silver Supporting Member
Unfortunately, most of my pedals're in storage in a state far away. :(

Aside from that Tulpa FX Ahool, I've also got a purple Basic Audio Dot, a purple Mountainking Electronics Megalith, a purple Dirty Haggard Audio Broken, a purple sparkle EQD Hizumitas, a purple Mid-Fi Electronics Psych Bike, a MSL Dizzy Tone w/ purple knobs, a purple BTMB American Triangle Fuzz, a purple Earthbound Audio Centurion, a MAExEAE Eldritch Blast w/ purple knobs, a Lefa Pedals Purpura w/ purple knobs and a purple A.D.D. Transformations.

(Also got a purple ARC Effects Shepherd on loan fr. @Dandolin )

:knitting

Whoa, that's way more than I thought! :spit
Not sure it counts as a fuzz (I'd say so)... But sounds like you need a CT5 Purpll.

Seance

Not sure it counts as a fuzz (I'd say so)... But sounds like you need a CT5 Purpll.
I definitely think the PurPLL is a fuzz.
And Chank definitely should have one.

The Count To 5, on the other hand, is definitely not a fuzz.
But both CT5 and PurPLL are made by Montreal Assembly.

:aok

Also.... a while back I posted a clip of what I thought might be a
Pest Tattern fuzz... but I'm not really sure that it isn't of the mtl.asm
PurPLL. Or maybe both at the same time?

I recorded the track at some point and then found the file at a later
point and unfortunately I didn't label the file sufficient to indicate what
pedal I used or what exactly was going on.
:dunno

And further unfortunately I haven't spent as much time playing fuzz recently
since I've been concentrating all my creative saps on trying to finish some writing.

Last edited:

magnus02

Silver Supporting Member
I definitely think the PurPLL is a fuzz.
And Chank definitely should have one.

The Count To 5, on the other hand, is definitely not a fuzz.
But both CT5 and PurPLL are made by Montreal Assembly.

:aok

Also.... a while back I posted a clip of what I thought might be a
Pest Tattern fuzz... but I'm not really sure that it isn't of the mtl.asm
PurPLL. Or maybe both at the same time?

I recorded the track at some point and then found the file at a later
point and unfortunately I didn't label the file sufficient to indicate what
pedal I used or what exactly was going on.
:dunno

And further unfortunately I haven't spent as much time playing fuzz recently
since I've been concentrating all my creative saps on trying to finish some writing.

Doh!

I have a CT5, so I should know better!!! Ha

Dandolin

It is indeed purple. :knitting

I just played it for a few minutes. It's nice. :love: Builder says it's "inspired by those Roger Mayer fuzzes in the rocket ship enclosures" (not sure which one). Lots of variation for a two knobber. Not expensive, builder was good to work with (I also grabbed one of his modulation pedals), and (as you've noted) it's purple ( ;) ).

I could be wrong, but the builder's references and the gutshot posted in the Reverb sales listing lead me to think it's based on the Mongoose (or Spitfire, which is very close circuit-wise), though the demo also posted in the listing has me heavily leaning Mongoose. Might be a nice way for me to get back to some of the tones I enjoyed from my long lost Paisley Tubby Myxomatosis...some day.

chankgeez

I could be wrong, but the builder's references and the gutshot posted in the Reverb sales listing lead me to think it's based on the Mongoose (or Spitfire, which is very close circuit-wise), though the demo also posted in the listing has me heavily leaning Mongoose. Might be a nice way for me to get back to some of the tones I enjoyed from my long lost Paisley Tubby Myxomatosis...some day.

It may possibly be based on the Mongoose. :dunno I'm not that familiar with those rocket enclosure circuits. (Although, I know at least one of 'em is purple.)

In any case, it sounds great to me in my limited playing time with it so far. :love:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom