1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

String trees with Sperzels??

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by partsocaster, Feb 12, 2012.

1. partsocaster

partsocaster Member

I bought a set of Sperzel Trim Lock machine heads for my MIM Tele (had JUNK tuners as stock), do I still need my string tree for the E and B strings?

Thanks

2. Harvesterofsorrow

Harvesterofsorrow Member

3. brianr0131

brianr0131 Member

Are the pegs staggered? If so....use the shortest ones on B and E and you don't need the Trees.

4. DRS

DRS Member

I have staggered Sperzels on my strat and I still need a tee.

5. GuitslingerTim

GuitslingerTim Member

It depends on how thick the headstock and fingerboard is. I have two Warmoth guitars with Sperzels with staggered post heights; one needs string trees, the other doesn't: both have the same neck profile.

6. partsocaster

partsocaster Member

They're staggered but I will keep the tree, I only put the locking units on because of rapid string changes (and they're much better tuners than what was on there) so I won't worry about drag points, the tree impact should be minimal. Thanks for the input!